Molding Around a Red Wall

I painted one wall red. Despite using the blue tape so it would not get on the other walls, it did. Is it acceptable to put molding around the red wall?

Tiffany from TX

It definitely is ok, if you are considering white. The sharp contrast looks clean. I painted a deep brick red in my kitchen and am planning on doing the same thing. :)

It's your wall! Do whatever makes you happy. Choose whatever molding you like. Paint it whatever color you want. If it works for you it's acceptable!

Thanks so much for your response!! I was planning on painting the molding white, but my husband kept saying we should go with the red or beige color. Thanks for confirming that "I was right!" The wall does look great,and I believe that the white molding will look good too - I just needed someone else's opinion.

a high gloss white or ecru would look stunning. very modern and crisp.