Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Planning a Masquerade Birthday Party

I am having a 30th birthday party for my sister. It's a masquerade party because it's the week before Halloween. Any suggestions for the invites or things to do?

By Michelle from IL

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Melanie Jackson [1]09/22/2010

Make invitations that look like masks, perhaps?

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Planning a Masquerade Birthday Party

I am planning a Masquerade party for my 13th birthday. How can I decorate? Please send pictures if at all possible. The party is Saturday! Kaelin from GA

RE: Planning a Masquerade Birthday Party

Kaelin - congratulations! Easy decor for a masquerade would be masks - either bought from thrift stores or handmade, a little glitter or sequins and you're good to go . It's Mardi-Gras season, so you should find ideas for possible patterns everywhere. (01/27/2008)

By m.mckimmons

Another idea that would go with the masks is to use "harlequin" fabrics for table cloths and other cloth accessories. Harlequin is the colorful diamond-shaped fabric that is often seen on clown clothing as ruffs around the neck & wrists. Also, how about using the drama masks of comedy and tragedy and working around those. Happy 13th! (01/28/2008)

By melodybh

I'm turning 17 this year and since I didn't do anything for my 16th birthday I decided to throw a party this year. I don't have a bunch of money to throw into it but I want to have a masquerade party. If anyone has any ideas to share with me on a 17th birthday party for a girl let me know.

Krystle from Virginia Beach, Va

I suggest checking out your local thrift store, you'd be amazed at the kind of hidden treasures you can find there. Check out the linen aisles for satin table cloths, curtains, or sheets, anything posh to drape over furniture or hang on the walls. Check out the "junk" aisles for tall candle stick holders and candles, or tall vases for some flowers. Sometimes you can even find actual party supplies there (ie, unopened bags of balloons, streamers, etc.) Also, if your thrift store has one, take a look at the costume jewelry counter for long strands of beads you could hang here or there. Just think creatively. As far as masks go, hobby stores usually sell unfinished plastic masks that you can decorate yourself. They are pretty cheap, and you could get a bunch to hang for decorations. Hope you have a nice one. (02/27/2008)

By Aeowyn

I have tons of ideas. If you want something cute and fun (be a kid) have a tea party. If you want formal and dressy, what about a masquerade? That's what I'm having this year. Something wild and funky, what about a western party? Something cool and jazzy, a Hawaiian themed party works too. Pool parties or cook outs, tell friends to bring food. Be creative and unique, next thing you know everyone will be trying to have the same party as you. Good luck! (06/08/2008)

By Sirama

I suggest that for masquerade centerpieces for the table, a mask centerpiece with shooting star. Also use the mask that you hold with the stick at the one side like long ago, but give it a new twist of the newer fashion. (02/15/2009)

By mzvibes

I am having a Masquerade Ball for my Sweet 16. It is less than 3 weeks away and I need decoration ideas. I am looking for something simple and elegant. I also need great party favor ideas.

Also, I have a court and I need a great R&B song that we could dance to. My idea was, "Pretty Wings" By: Maxwell. Please help. Thanks.

By Rayna from Houston, TX

Does anyone know how to plan a masquerade party for a graduation/birthday?

By Joey from Chicago, IL

I'm looking for ideas for a Hollywood masquerade ball that I'm having for my daughter's sweet fifteen, any ideas?

By Joanna from Cherryhill, NJ