Planning a Masquerade Birthday Party

I am having a 30th birthday party for my sister. It's a masquerade party because it's the week before Halloween. Any suggestions for the invites or things to do?

By Michelle from IL

Make invitations that look like masks, perhaps?

September 22, 2010 Flag

I'm looking for ideas for a Hollywood masquerade ball that I'm having for my daughter's sweet fifteen, any ideas?

By Joanna from Cherryhill, NJ

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 26, 2010 Flag

Does anyone know how to plan a masquerade party for a graduation/birthday?

By Joey from Chicago, IL

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 27, 2010 Flag

I am having a Masquerade Ball for my Sweet 16. It is less than 3 weeks away and I need decoration ideas. I am looking for something simple and elegant. I also need great party favor ideas.

Also, I have a court and I need a great R&B song that we could dance to. My idea was, "Pretty Wings" By: Maxwell. Please help. Thanks.

By Rayna from Houston, TX

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 2, 2009 Flag

I'm turning 17 this year and since I didn't do anything for my 16th birthday I decided to throw a party this year. I don't have a bunch of money to throw into it but I want to have a masquerade party. If anyone has any ideas to share with me on a 17th birthday party for a girl let me know.

Krystle from Virginia Beach, Va

Answers:

Planning a Masquerade Birthday Party

I suggest checking out your local thrift store, you'd be amazed at the kind of hidden treasures you can find there.
Check out the linen aisles for satin table cloths, curtains, or sheets, anything posh to drape over furniture or hang on the walls. Check out the "junk" aisles for tall candle stick holders and candles, or tall vases for some flowers. Sometimes you can even find actual party supplies there (ie, unopened bags of balloons, streamers, etc.) Also, if your thrift store has one, take a look at the costume jewelry counter for long strands of beads you could hang here or there. Just think creatively. As far as masks go, hobby stores usually sell unfinished plastic masks that you can decorate yourself. They are pretty cheap, and you could get a bunch to hang for decorations. Hope you have a nice one. (02/27/2008)

By Aeowyn

Planning a Masquerade Birthday Party

I have tons of ideas. If you want something cute and fun (be a kid) have a tea party. If you want formal and dressy, what about a masquerade? That's what I'm having this year. Something wild and funky, what about a western party? Something cool and jazzy, a Hawaiian themed party works too. Pool parties or cook outs, tell friends to bring food. Be creative and unique, next thing you know everyone will be trying to have the same party as you. Good luck!
(06/08/2008)

By Sirama

Planning a Masquerade Birthday Party

I suggest that for masquerade centerpieces for the table, a mask centerpiece with shooting star. Also use the mask that you hold with the stick at the one side like long ago, but give it a new twist of the newer fashion. (02/15/2009)

By mzvibes

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 18, 2008 Flag

I am planning a Masquerade party for my 13th birthday. How can I decorate? Please send pictures if at all possible. The party is Saturday!

Kaelin from GA

Answers:

Planning a Masquerade Birthday Party

Kaelin - congratulations! Easy decor for a masquerade would be masks - either bought from thrift stores or handmade, a little glitter or sequins and you're good to go . It's Mardi-Gras season, so you should find ideas for possible patterns everywhere. (01/27/2008)

By m.mckimmons

Planning a Masquerade Birthday Party

Another idea that would go with the masks is to use "harlequin" fabrics for table cloths and other cloth accessories. Harlequin is the colorful diamond-shaped fabric that is often seen on clown clothing as ruffs around the neck & wrists.

Also, how about using the drama masks of comedy and tragedy and working around those.

Happy 13th! (01/28/2008)

By melodybh

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Girls at Masquerade Party
Masquerade Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdaySeptember 22, 2010
teen dancing
Planning a Dance Birthday Party for Teens
A mask sitting on a decorated table at a masquerade.
Masquerade Party Games and Activities
Luxury Teen Birthday Party
Planning A Luxury Teen Birthday Party
Masquerade masks at   a masquerade ball.
Masquerade Ball Decoration Ideas
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2017 at 11:19:34 AM on 10.0.1.228 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.