Masquerade Ball or "Unmask the Night" Party Ideas

I'm turning the sweet 16 in May and I wanted to get everything under control for my party. The theme I was thinking of would be a Masquerade Ball or "Unmask the Night". The color will be black, silver, and white.

I'm a very fun type of girl and I've got a lot of friends. I thought that this would be a great theme for me. My mom is renting out a hall, which holds close to 75 people. I picked the color scheme for black, silver, and white is because it's some of the easiest stuff to find.

I need help with decorations though. I was going to put a black and white theme for every other table. In the middle of the table I was thinking of putting either an upside down top hat filled with black and white roses or the happiness and tragedy mask as center pieces. I'm really into theater, I just think that it's so much fun. Also, my friend and I are singers, we're probably making up a special CD for this.

My party is formal, boys are to either wear all black or all white tuxes and girls must wear black dresses since they are easier to find. My dress will be a prom dress, a very beautiful black and white gown. There will be masks at the front door (all different shapes and sizes) and they wear the masks until after my speech, introducing them all to my party and the whole theme. I will have a grand entrance from what I know of.

My dad and I will have a father/daughter slow dance to the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack. My boyfriend and I will basically be the Phantom and Christine. It's both of our favorite movies. I'm wondering where black and white masks can be found along with decorations for cheap. And do you think that it'll be better to make everything by hand or just buy them?

Also, does anyone know of any good food to serve? I mean we'll basically be serving lunch/dinner so I was thinking of roast beef and everything.

Also if anyone knows of any good websites for nice looking gowns please let me know. I've been shopping around and there are plenty of dresses that I like, but they either cost way too much or they don't have my size when they are on sale. I don't want a dress that really costs over $100, I know to look in different shops. Come to think of it I can make my dress myself. I know how to sew, but it'd be to expensive for material (even if it's on sale).

Thanks!

Kristynne from Pemberton, NJ