Planning a Masquerade Birthday Party

I am having a 30th birthday party for my sister. It's a masquerade party because it's the week before Halloween. Any suggestions for the invites or things to do?

By MICHELLE from IL

Make invitations that look like masks, perhaps?

I'm looking for ideas for a Hollywood masquerade ball that I'm having for my daughter's sweet fifteen, any ideas?

By Joanna from Cherryhill, NJ

Does anyone know how to plan a masquerade party for a graduation/birthday?

By joey from Chicago, IL

I am having a Masquerade Ball for my Sweet 16. It is less than 3 weeks away and I need decoration ideas. I am looking for something simple and elegant. I also need great party favor ideas.

Also, I have a court and I need a great R&B song that we could dance to. My idea was, "Pretty Wings" By: Maxwell. Please help. Thanks.

By Rayna from Houston, TX

I'm turning 17 this year and since I didn't do anything for my 16th birthday I decided to throw a party this year. I don't have a bunch of money to throw into it but I want to have a masquerade party. If anyone has any ideas to share with me on a 17th birthday party for a girl let me know.

Krystle from Virginia Beach, Va

Answers:

Planning a Masquerade Birthday Party

I suggest checking out your local thrift store, you'd be amazed at the kind of hidden treasures you can find there.
Check out the linen aisles for satin table cloths, curtains, or sheets, anything posh to drape over furniture or hang on the walls. Check out the "junk" aisles for tall candle stick holders and candles, or tall vases for some flowers. Sometimes you can even find actual party supplies there (ie, unopened bags of balloons, streamers, etc.) Also, if your thrift store has one, take a look at the costume jewelry counter for long strands of beads you could hang here or there. Just think creatively. As far as masks go, hobby stores usually sell unfinished plastic masks that you can decorate yourself.

They are pretty cheap, and you could get a bunch to hang for decorations. Hope you have a nice one. (02/27/2008)

By Jessica

Planning a Masquerade Birthday Party

I have tons of ideas. If you want something cute and fun (be a kid) have a tea party. If you want formal and dressy, what about a masquerade? That's what I'm having this year. Something wild and funky, what about a western party? Something cool and jazzy, a Hawaiian themed party works too. Pool parties or cook outs, tell friends to bring food. Be creative and unique, next thing you know everyone will be trying to have the same party as you. Good luck!
(06/08/2008)

By Sirama

Planning a Masquerade Birthday Party

I suggest that for masquerade centerpieces for the table, a mask centerpiece with shooting star. Also use the mask that you hold with the stick at the one side like long ago, but give it a new twist of the newer fashion. (02/15/2009)

By mzvibes

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdaySeptember 22, 2010
🎄
🎉