"House" Seasoning

We use this on everything from chicken, burgers, steaks, pork and roasts to in our mashed potatoes. We love it and with budgets so tight this year I even made up huge batches and gave it away this year and everyone loves it. Here is the basic recipe, you can scale it up or down. I get spices in bulk pretty cheap at Sam's and I have a friend across the country that gets them online for good prices in bulk so it comes out pretty cheap.

• 1 cup salt
  • 1/2 cup pepper
  • 1/2 cup garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup onion powder
  • 1/2 cup dry parsley (optional - I leave out if I don't have any)

Mix it up in a container and put it in a shaker and enjoy. Lots cheaper than the store bought mixes.

Source: Just messing around with my own spices when I didn't want to pay for the $8 a pop garlic and herb spice mix my mother in law bought me at Sam's.

By Nikki from Piqua, OH

This sounds great! I have a friend who is a lazy cook and loves it when i bring him a batch of mixed spices. I'll make this one too. Thanks! :D

Food and Recipes Recipes SpicesJanuary 16, 2009
Bay Leaves
Old Bay Seasoning Mix Recipes
Unseasoned Dutch Oven
Seasoning a Dutch Oven
Sloppy Joe
Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix Recipes
Package of Ramen Noodles
Uses for Ramen Seasoning Packets