Planting Instructions for Hyacinths

I have never planted bulbs before. I am interested in planting Hyacinth bulbs. Do they need full sun, partial sun, or shade. I am new to this and have no idea. Thanks.

By brunnet from Richboro, PA

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

My hyacinths are planted in partial shade and do very well. In early spring the buds on trees are beginning to show and there's little foliage to isolate the sun at this time. The key to planting is what blooms in the spring, plant in the fall and what blooms in the fall, plant in the spring.

Purple Hyacinth
Growing Hyacinth
Home and Garden Gardening BulbsJuly 16, 2009
Summer Hyacinth
Growing Summer Hyacinth
Flower Garden
Planting a Flower Garden
Late Summer Planting
Planting in Late Summer
Growing carrots and other vegetables.
Planting Vegetables Together
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 9:00:30 AM on 10.0.1.21 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.