Saving Electricity When Using Your Dishwasher

When washing your dishes in the dishwasher, set the control panels to use less water and less drying time. Using the most eco friendly settings your dishwasher may have. I use vinegar (instead of other spot free chemicals) in the rinse cycle so there is no spotting and a cleaner load. When it gets to the dry cycle, I stop the dishwasher so I am not using the electricity for drying my dishes. It also cuts out the heat that is emitted into your house which, of course, makes your air conditioning work harder and use more energy.

Have a happy day!

By Kim from Rogers, AR

Great ideas! But just remember that some dishes require that extra heavy load. Another saving tip on the Dishwasher. Run full loads. Smaller lighter loads have the same run time (more electricity) but do use less water. Make sure you use the right soap. If its a dish with lots of grime use soap like Complete . That way it will get clean the first time.

Hey, why not save even more? Wash by hand and wipe/air dry! Go green!

I have another idea. Go back to handwashing the dishes and get the family involved. Its great quality time spent and you can have some great conversations. Plus you will save on soap, hot water and electricity.

be even more economical with yr dishwasher.when i owned one (it packed up and i never replaced it) i filled every single empty patch with something! plates went on the sides after filling the racks, little empty corners got filled with glasses, cups, mugs etc. the cutlery tray had little lids, and bits and bobs, its not written in stone that you just have to have just cutlery.. unless my dishwasher was absolutely jam packed, it wasnt turned on.everything came out sparkling clean and i NEVER had anything broken!

Saving Money on Utilities, Energy Savings Piggy Bank
Saving Money on Utilities
Better Living Green Living Conservation ElectricityAugust 5, 2008
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
An open dishwasher full of clean dishes.
Fixing a Leaking Dishwasher
New Open Dishwasher
Saving Money on a Dishwasher