Navy Curtains

Okay, I usually just post MY opinion on things, but now I need YOURS! I live in a great townhouse complex, with one rule that chaps me, we have to have white/cream curtains hanging in the windows. So I am going to take 2 white sheets from Wally World and 2 navy sheets, give them a quick zip on the machine and put them up (I washed the others and the red didn't like it too much, they shrank some).

SO, what do I do (economically minded ) to decorate the navy part of the sheet. They are on a simple wooden rod (I'll use the sheet top to place the rod in) but need some pizzaz. We do NOT "decorate" by color or genre per se, just what fits us. We have sorta tanish spongepainted walls (previous tenant) and a burgundy bedspread. HELP!

Michawn from California

I saw this on one of those home improvement shows:

Buy an inexpensive rubber stamp to stamp a design on the curtains - maybe across the top or down the edges.

You can use any kind of paint - acrylic paint is very cheap, but you can use regular house paint if you want.

I think gold or silver would be really pretty.

With gold stars on your curtains - you could go for either a nautical or patriotic theme - with darker variations of red/white/blue - with your burgundy/navy/cream - with spashes of gold or brass - like brass lamps. My husband is a sailor & loves things like ship models - wheels. and so on. I put up a wooden oar on our patio once grouped with other nautically themed things - You could use shells, even fishnet -

I would buy burgundy and tannish colored ribbon, sew it into the top seam and let it hang loose down the length of your new curtains. The ribbon could be as long as the curtain length or of varying lengths. Enjoy, and have fun being creative.

Before you add any more colour you may want to go to a paint store and see if they have a computer in which you can put all the colours in your room on. In Australia we have the Dulux website and this allows you to plan and check what colours should go with what furniture. This is very helpful when you have some strong colours that you wish to mix and match. If you do not have anything in your country, try the Dulux website in Australia, you can get on and have a play.

Enjoy your decorating!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Window TreatmentsFebruary 4, 2007
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Measuring Windows for New Curtains, Gold colored curtains and white sheers hanging on a wondow.
Measuring Windows for New Curtains
Starching Curtains
Starching Curtains
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
🎄