White Pimple On Finger - Categories:

AdviceHealth & Beauty

White Pimple On Finger

I have this weird pimple like whitish bump on the pad of my left middle finger. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what it is?

Mackenzie from Millington, TN

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Does it hurt when pressed on? Not being mean or kidding! If it is hard to the touch and hurts when pressed on it may be what is called a seed wart. Which you can freeze off at home with the freeze items at drug stores just follow directions. May have to repeat several times since seed warts seem harder to get rid of. If it hurts and is soft to touch, more pimple like, it may be an imbedded splinter which can be soaked in peroxide after puncturing the head. Then apply pressure to remove the object, soak again, apply neosporin and bandaid. Good Luck! :)

I could be a fatty tumor. My son has them. They are harmless and don't need to be removed unless it bothers you. Can you post a picture?

I actually just cut my nail with my razor. I just now got it to stop bleeding, and it has a bandaid on it sorry can't post a pic!

mackenzie

This is going to sound silly, but could it be possible that you got bit by a fire ant? That is what they look like when they fester.

Janet in NE GA

if it is on your finger next to your nail it could be a paranecium. the spelling not right but i often get them. right at the nail bed in the skin. soak it in warm water and peroxide. it will eventually pop.

Editor's Note: Sorry, can't figure out what "paranecium" is.

Sounds like it could be an infected splinter. I've pricked them with a needle dipped in alcohol, squeezed gently and removed 'em, then doused the area with alcohol.

It could be a wart. I had one on my palm and it never went away and the dr. said it was a wart and he froze it off.

It came off and left a little peeling skin.

-mackkenzi

I just noticed one on my thumb. It hurts to the touch. I tried squeezing it, but nothing. It is a little white bump under the skin. I will try poking it with a needle tonight.

It really looks and feels like a pimple, but I guess it could be a minute splinter infection.

Don't take a needle to it I found one just like it on my thumb right by my nail on New Years eve it looked like it had a head so I thought something was in it took a needle to it and now it is horrible. It is purple and fills with blood if I bump it it hurts and bleeds it bled for a half hour last night trying neosporin if that doesn't help making an appointment for the doctor.

I have one but I don't think its from splinter because my house has very few wooden objects so I need help. Cant play my 360 because my finger keeps hurting.

July 10, 2011 Flag

I can't really send a picture. It's on the very edge of my nail and has a yellowy off white sort of puss in it. It hurts when I apply pressure to it, and it isn't really all that raised at all, maybe a little. It's been hurting for three days now, and this morning I found it had the puss-like stuff in it.

I noticed it after sleeping in my uncle's car one morning as we were on a road trip from Florida to California. This made me think it might be a bite or something. I have never had a pimple on my finger and am hoping it is. Even the other side of my nail hurts right at the tip. I'm not sure what else to give as info. I really hope some little bug doesn't sprout out of it. Any ideas?

By Alex D

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

That isn't really a whitehead. It is actually an infection, may even be a small ingrown nail. You can try warm soaks with epsom salt, to help draw it out. If it continues to get worse, you will need to see your doctor, he may lance it and drain it if it is bad enough, or may just give some antibiotics.

Some people will try to poke it the burnt end of a needle, but if you aren't careful, it can lead to a worsening infection. You can always put some antibiotic ointment with pain killer on it. I used gum numbing gel the last time I had one. They really stick out like a 'sore thumb', everything seems to touch it, no matter what!

Hope it gets better soon.

It is paronychia, an infection around the fingernail. Google for more info. You need to see a doctor as I doubt it will clear up with just antibiotic ointment. May be a bug bite or it can be from an injury that you don't even remember happening.

The answer to your question is called a Medical practitioner.

Health & Beauty AdviceAugust 10, 2007
Homemade Finger Paint
Homemade Finger Paint
removing a ring
Removing a Ring That is Stuck on Your Finger
Pipe Cleaner Bunny Finger Puppets
Making Pipe Cleaner Bunny Finger Puppets
girl looking at a pimple
Hiding a Pimple
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 7:58:40 PM on 10.0.1.157 in 741 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.