50th Anniversary Gifts

What is an classy, but inexpensive gift for a 50th wedding anniversary for a cousin? Something besides a picture frame.

By Sandra from Coal Creek, CO

My opinion is that it doesn't necessarily have to say something about 50th anniversary. But if you want semething a long that line how about a Christmas tree ornament that says 50th anniversary. Go to Bronner's.com and I think you will find things like that. I know when my parents had their 50th one of the things that they received was an embroidered thing that had some kind of verse about 50 years. It was done on ecru colored cloth and the design on the picture was done in a golden-tan color and the words in black, whoever gave that to them also framed it in a purchased frame.

How much is expensive to you? For my brother's 50th anniversary I went to a dollar store and happened to find a gold gift bag, gold foil, and gold 'easter' grass. Over a period of time I got from the bank 50 of the gold dollar coins. I cut the foil and wrapped each coin in a piece. Then I alternated the grass and a few coins till it was all in the bag. To get at their gift they had to find all the coins and unwrap.

What we did for my friends parents 50th was get 50 cent pieces from the year they married to their 50th year & put them on a piece of cardboard than we put a number 50 in the middle with the gold dollars. Put it in a picture frame with glass over it. It was heavy but beautiful all the same. Only 1 of the 50 cent piece cost us a few dollars to buy because it had never been in circulation but still didn't look out of place & the gold dollars we got at the bank. If you want you could make it with pennies & dimes but since it was a very special time & we wanted to use the gold dollars & the 50 cent pieces. So hope that gives you another idea & it can mean alot because it's made from the heart. Good Luck on whatever you decide.

What did you use to put them on the cardboard and have them stay. A special glue or tape?

What is a gift for 50th wedding anniversary for a friend?

50th Anniversary Gift Box
50th Anniversary Gift Ideas
Holidays and Parties Gifts AnniversaryJanuary 27, 2011
25th Anniversary Gift
25th Anniversary Gift Ideas
50th Wedding Anniversary Party
50th Wedding Anniversary Party Ideas
50th Anniversary Centerpiece
50th Anniversary Centerpiece Ideas
Party Balloons
Surprise 50th Birthday Party Ideas
🎄