Egg and Olive Salad

This recipe is one of the easiest egg salad recipes to make. It's very simple, requires a minimum of ingredients, and is a nice break away from traditional egg salads. This is our favorite egg salad both for sandwiches and plated salads.

• 8 hard-boiled eggs
  • 3 Tbsp. finely chopped onion (optional)
  • 3 Tbsp. finely chopped celery (optional)
  • Ad
  • 6 Tbsp. finely chopped green (stuffed with pimento) olives. I always squeeze out the juice and save it for adding later.
  • 2 tsp. olive juice (brine)
  • 3-5 Tbsp. mayonnaise or sour cream (I prefer sour cream)
  • 1/8 tsp. black pepper (optional)

Directions:

Chop eggs (yolks and whites together) very fine. Add all the other ingredients and mix well. Depending on the size of eggs you use, you may need a little less or a little more mayo or sour cream or you can reduce the olive juice a little.

When mixed very well, put salad into a covered container and refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight. Allows flavors to "marry".

My hubby recently asked me about adding finely chopped black olives to this recipe, so we're going to try it next time, maybe Friday. He still wants the green stuffed olives as well, but he thinks the black olives will add another layer of flavor We'll see. They are pretty bland. Might make a better garnish. Any ideas, anyone?

Servings: 6-8
Time:30 Minutes Preparation Time
N/A Minutes Cooking Time

Source: Probably my Mother.

By Pookarina / Julia from Boca Raton, FL

This sounds great as it is, and especially if you use any type of mild onion it should have plenty of flavor. I feel like the black olives would be better suited as a garnish because the dark juice tends to muddy the color of the eggs. Thanks for sharing!

I must agree with jrmahon. I think the red or purple onion would be the mildest in flavor and wouldn't over power the other ingredients. I also would keep the black olives as a garnish for the same reason jrmahon outlined. The only addition I can come up with is a couple of radishes to go with the black olives.

We are definitely going to try this egg salad. We have a big salad plate every Sunday, and this is going to be a nice new flavor to add. Thanks MisMachado

All I can say is, "This sounds YUMMO!" I have just enough eggs that are not going to last much longer, and all of the other ingredients as well, so will be doing this tonight to chill and allow flavors to blend for use tomorrow and maybe even a 2:00 am refrigerator raid ;-)

I love it that you use 'green' olives so will not worry about black olives staining the salad ;-)

Hi,

You guys have me wondering what this egg salad would taste like if I left out the green olives altogether and added the black olives instead. I like green olives, but my sweetie doesn't. He likes black olives and says he will eat egg salad if I make it with black olives instead of green. Has anyone else tried this?

Thanks, ww

I wish I could Pin this to Pinterest... hint, hint...

I would try Greek black olives. Pat in KC

Egg Salad Recipes
Egg Salad Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes SaladsApril 19, 2010
Storing Olive Oil
Storing Olive Oil
Olive Garden
Olive Garden Copycat Recipes
Soft Boiled Egg
Making a Soft Boiled Egg
Egg Salad
Making Egg Salad
🎉
🎄