Egg Salad Sandwich Recipes
Egg salad sandwiches are as unique and delicious as the many variations of the salad filling. This page containtsegg salad sandwich recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This may very well be the best egg salad ever!
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 4 sandwiches
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 2/3 cup mayo
- 1 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dill relish
- baby spinach leaves
- potato bread (or your favorite)
- Peel, rinse, and dry the boiled eggs.
- Slice them and put them into a bowl.
- Using a potato masher, carefully mash the eggs until all of the egg whites are cut up and the yolks are totally crumbled.
- Add mayo and stir well to combine. I added the mayo 1/2 cup at a time so that I could adjust the creaminess.
- Then add the relish, mustard, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Approximately 1/2 cup is enough for one sandwich. After putting the egg salad onto the bread, you can add spinach leaves for extra nutrition. Enjoy!
I like to make egg salad to last a couple of days. I use it for parties, open faced sandwiches and cool stuff. It is easy to make and super nutritious. It is a delight of the senses.
I say '20 slices' bread if you are serving it all. Just one slice and one tablespoon or so of the egg salad per serving, plus one slice cheese and tomato. Garlic is optional though I am personally a garlic fiend.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 12
- 12 eggs
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 4 Tbsp mayo
- onion flakes
- black pepper
- 20 slices bread
- 20 slices tomato
- 20 slices cheese
- 20 cloves garlic (optional)
- Mash peeled hard boiled eggs.
- Add minced garlic.
- Add mayonnaise and spices. Mix well.
- Put cheese slices on toast. Then add tomato on top and garlic. Place in toaster oven enough to melt the cheese.
- After you take it out of the oven, add the egg salad. Add olives or other garnish for taste.
Dana Jacobi0 found this helpful
July 26, 2007
Egg salad is particularly easy to vary in appealing ways. If the weekend brings a cool or cloudy day, I make a hearty version by adding chopped mushrooms and onions, sauteed until well-browned.
Recipe for Egg Salad Sandwich. Mash 6 hardboiled eggs (or more) with potato masher. Add what you may want of Kraft Sandwich Spread, start with less as you mix. . .Read More...
October 1, 20121 found this helpful
This short video shows you how to make Laurel's egg salad sandwiches. View the full recipe here: Laurel's Egg Salad Sandwiches