Egg Salad Recipes

Category Eggs
Egg Salad Recipes
There are a number of variations on the popular egg salad recipe. This page contains egg salad recipes.

This recipe is one of the easiest egg salad recipes to make. It's very simple, requires a minimum of ingredients, and is a nice break away from traditional egg salads. This is our favorite egg salad both for sandwiches and plated salads.

Directions:

Chop eggs (yolks and whites together) very fine. Add all the other ingredients and mix well. Depending on the size of eggs you use, you may need a little less or a little more mayo or sour cream or you can reduce the olive juice a little.

When mixed very well, put salad into a covered container and refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight. Allows flavors to "marry".

My hubby recently asked me about adding finely chopped black olives to this recipe, so we're going to try it next time, maybe Friday. He still wants the green stuffed olives as well, but he thinks the black olives will add another layer of flavor We'll see. They are pretty bland. Might make a better garnish. Any ideas, anyone?

Servings: 6-8
Time:30 Minutes Preparation Time
N/A Minutes Cooking Time

Source: Probably my Mother.

By Pookarina / Julia from Boca Raton, FL

Spiced up egg salad for sandwich, salad or to enjoy on it's own. ;-)

Directions:

Mix first four ingredients then add salt, pepper and Tabasco to taste.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Came across this recipe at Allrecipes a couple hours ago and had all the ingredients except for the cilantro. Well, it sounded so good, and I was hungry for breakfast, so I went to my market. The market is only four blocks away and open 24/7, being 5:00 AM, I was in and out in a jiffy. I was not disappointed for the effort! Had it on toast and it's wonderful! I'll probably have it for lunch and breakfast tomorrow too ;-)

Directions:

In a medium bowl, stir together the eggs, mayonnaise, cilantro, mustard, lemon juice, lime juice and celery. Add salt and pepper to taste.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Easter leaves most of us with A LOT of eggs for egg salad, etc. I like to add a little flavor to mine with my dried and powdered (in blender) mixed veggies from my garden. If you don't dry your own, you may use Mrs. Dash salt substitute and it will be fine (not as many or the same veggies but taste good).

To your yellows along with all your other ingredients, add some Dash and it will zing up a dull dish for sure and a touch of turmeric for a finishing touch and you have a nice change up.

By fuzzytufts from Folkston, GA

Egg salad sandwiches are as unique and delicious as the many variations of the salad filling. This page contains egg salad sandwich recipes.

Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Try this idea instead of chips. Mix chopped, hard boiled eggs with a little mayonnaise to make a simple egg salad, then spread a little on top of an ordinary saltine cracker. Simple, delicious, less expensive, and more nutritious than a bag of chips.

By Thriftsavvy from West Dundee, IL

I am looking for an egg salad recipe. My grandmother, now deceased, made the best egg salad sandwich and of course, it was not written down anywhere. I seem to recall thinking that several other Seventh Day Adventist woman made it the same way. I don't know if it was in a book somewhere, possibly "Apple a Day".

My grandmother lived in Angwin, in Northern California. This recipe is not swimming in Mayo like most are these days and everything was chopped the same size. The consistency was thick and slightly dry. Sometimes she would put olives in it. If anyone has such a recipe written down or has it memorized I would really appreciate it. Thank you,

By RonElk from Clearlake Oaks, CA

Answers

I made this sandwich for my sister and niece's weddings, everyone loved it. I hope you do to.

Bacon-and-Egg-salad sandwiches

6 large hard boiled eggs, peeled and finely chopped

1/2 cup mayonnaise

2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

6 slices bacon cooked and coarsely chopped

1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce such as tabasco

coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper

5 tablespoons butter, room temperature

18 slices of white bread

1/4 cup finely chopped chives

1. Place chopped eggs in medium bowl. Add mayonnaise, mustard, cayenne pepper, and bacon; stir to combine. Add hot pepper sauce and season with salt and pepper.

2. Thinly spread butter on 2 slices of bread ; cover one slice with egg salad, and top with other slice. use a serrated knife to trim crusts and cut into 4 squares.

3. Dip one edge in chopped chives. Repeat with remaining ingredients

Anonymous

Deeli's Egg Salad

6 jumbo eggs, chopped

4 tbls mayonnaise

2 tsp Dijon mustard

1/3 cup stuffed Manzanilla olives, chopped

salt and pepper to taste

dashes of Tabasco sauce to taste

She might have put something with a flavor accent (like dill or celery seed) in it. Check out Rachael Ray's recipes. She has proclaimed that she doesn't care for mayo, so she uses olive oil. Even searching for tuna salad recipes might give you a clue.

6 eggs boiled

1/2 small onion chopped very fine

1/2 stalk celery chopped very fine

1 tsp sweet pickle relish

mayonnaise

mustard

Boil eggs, peel in cold water

In a bowl mash eggs well

add onions an celery an relish

add mayo 1 heaping tablespoon at a time till you reach the consistency you like

add a small squeeze of mustard and stir

salt and pepper to taste

If it tastes right, it's ready to serve

If it was a Seventh Day Adventist recipe, I doubt that it had eggs in it -- uless they have changed and become more liberal in their diet over the years. We had several Seventh Day Adventists living in our neighborhood near Loma Linda, California and none of them ate animal products. Their egg salad sandwiches were made with Tofu.

I was raised a Seventh day Adventist I am now 74 years and and have always used Egg and Milk products that was the way our family did, however the change to a Vegan seem that there are many people that are going that way, I personally do not think it is a complete diet to live by. I believe that we should have a balanced Diet.

Unless it is due to health problem's and the body can't use it like people with milk allergy