Making Egg Salad Sandwiches

This short video shows you how to make Laurel's egg salad sandwiches. View the full recipe here: Laurel's Egg Salad Sandwiches

This video is part of the following guide which includes step-by-step instructions and other tips.

Egg salad sandwiches are as unique and delicious as the many variations of the salad filling. This page contains egg salad sandwich recipes.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Now this is smart, real smart. Spinach instead of Iceburg lettuce. Smart. Only a moderate amount of prepared mustard. Smart. Dill relish rather than sweet (I hope it was drained.) Smart. I've never added garlic powder to mine. Could be a smart addition.

Occasionally, I add grated cheese to mine.

I find a hand held chopper easier than a potato masher.

Great video, Y'all!

I did try this recipe and I did add a dash of garlic powder and I did like it.

My reason for draining the dill relish is that the mayo contains vinegar and the mustard contains vinegar as well as the relish. That can be a bit too much vinegar. Draining the relish reduces the amount of vinegar.

I have another reason for draining the relish. Often, if the egg salad is not all used right away, it tends to 'weep'. That is, some of the liquid tends to separate from the rest. Draining the liquid from the relish helps prevent that.

The grey around the yolks means they were cooked a bit too long. You could try shortening your boiling time.

Food and Recipes Recipes EggsOctober 1, 2012
📓
🌻
🎂