Raising a husky in a Hot Climate

I posted a question as to the breed of my dog. I have another problem with this dog, I live in the Philippines so as expected we have really hot weather here. My Husky seems to not like the weather here. She keeps opening her mouth and I guess she can hardly breath. What should I do? She even had nosebleed just recently.

By Nessa from Philippines

Hi, again ( I answered your other question, too). Though it's hot where you live, it's very hot here in South Florida, too, and a neighbor has a couple of Huskies that are pretty healthy.

My best guess is that maybe you should have the vet take a look at her. If she doesn't spend all day outdoors in the sun, and gets plenty of water, you may have some other health problem going on there.

I just say make sure she has tons of fresh cold water and can go into shade. If she wants to maybe you could have lightly shaved.

Pets Dogs HealthJune 8, 2010
Daughters Horse Riding Daddy
Raising Girls
Heart of a pink rose.
Growing Roses in a Tropical Climate
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub