Raising Feed Dogs on a Singer 6268 Sewing Machine

Sometimes it can be frustrating trying to find the control for raising the feed dogs on a new sewing machine. This is a guide about raising feed dogs on a Singer 6268 sewing machine.

I have a Singer 6268. The feed dogs are in the down postion and I cannot find where to raise them!

Answers

Best Answer

Here's a link to the Singer website free download of the manual for your sewing machine:

http://www.sing … 3_05-special.pdf

As near as I can work out from a quick scan of the manual - your machine doesn't have a raise-lower feature for the feed dogs. The machine comes with a snap-on feed dog cover that stops the feed dogs from coming into contact with your fabric. Is that on the machine? (see the pages in the manual about 'free motion embroidery')

If the cover plate isn't on the machine and your feed dogs are lower than the throat of the machine - you need to take your machine to a Singer qualified repair tech. This isn't a home fix.

I have a singer 8974. So, i cannot find where to raise the feed dogs/teeth. Induction book together with machine is not same place.

TQ very much to all of u.
Very sorry... My english not so good enough
Anyway i wer bring my machine to singerworkshop.

Only problem is feed dogs make lower.
Already 3 years i learn tailoring for my family only.
But i like to see the quilt and embroidery.