Solution for Bad Smell in Chinese Antique Wood Bucket

I bought a beautiful old chinese rice bucket. I started noticing the smell when driving back home. The wood smells of urine. I left it on

the porch for more than a week and it still smells. Is it the wood? Does enybody have a remedy for it? There is no way i can bring this thing in the house.
Thank you!
Julia

Try soaking it with a strong vinegar solution for a few days, then drain and soak in clean water. Leave it in the sun to dry.

Try filling the bucket with a solution of lemon grass oil and water-just maybe 40 drops per gallon. Let it soak for a few hours then pour out the water and let it dry. Voila

There is a spray that you get from pet stores that is called I think Natures Miracle that gets rid of urine odors using enzymes. If your cat pees on the carpet it gets rid of the urine smell so they can't find the spot and pee on it again. It works and if it erases urine to fool a cat it might get rid of your problem. You just spray it on and leave it. It might work for you but I would try a small area to make sure it doesn't mess up the wood of the bucket.

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousNovember 5, 2004
Bungalow style kitchen cabinet with glass paned doors.
Cleaning Glass Doors on Wood Furniture
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
Bok choy growing in a field.
Growing Chinese Cabbage
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 27, 2016 at 8:07:02 PM on 10.0.0.239 in 947 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.