Faded Spots on Clothing

Why do I have faded spots on laundry? I am not using bleach.

Tammy from Crawfordville, FL

Are you using laundry detergent WITH bleach? I use to have the same problem until I stopped using detergent with bleach.

Are you or anyone in your family using an acne treatment containing benzoil peroxide? It will cause faded spots on clothes, sheets, or anything it touches.

Tammy, I'm sort of a neighbor. I live at Nutall Rise, & the water is terrible here on the Aucilla River. When the river is high I have opposite problems. My clothes had dark spots on them. I discovered putting fabric softener in the wash was the cause of my spotting. Don't know your water source (well or city), but that may be a start. I work at JR's Aucilla River Store on weekends. If you go there, ask for me. Would love to meet you. Good luck neighbor!

I live in an urban area and often the water company has to put in a lot of chlorine to make it safe. Some pwople have complained about white spots in their laundry. Of course, this doesn't solve the problem. Just wanted you to know what it could be. Pam

p.s. I filter all my drinking water!

Faded Spots on Jeans
Repairing Faded Spots on Clothing and Fabric
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryAugust 20, 2006
Kitchen With Granite Countertops
Removing Hard Water Spots on Granite Countertops
Kid's Clothing
Preventing Spots on Kids Clothing
Couple Looking at Bare Spots in Lawn
Filling Bare Spots in a Lawn
woman looking at her skin
Remedies for Dark Spots on Skin
🎄