Share & Vote

Fixing the Heating Element in a Coffee Maker

My year-old coffeemaker no longer gives me a hot cup of coffee. Is it worth the trouble to replace the heating element? Can the heating element be replaced?

By dotzz24 from Johnson, NY

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Louise B. [5]04/23/2009

It may be that this coffeepot is still on warranty, and you may be able to get it replaced from the manufacturer. My mother-in-law had hers replaced twice, free of charge, as the replacement one didn't last long either. Third one was the charm! Anyway, if you still have the info, box, directions, and so on, check it out.

By LEONA LABINE [40]04/22/2009

It is sad that we live in a throw away world, but a new coffee maker is probably cheaper than fixing it.

By vickie guy [38]04/19/2009

I'd get a new one!

By Anne04/18/2009

I think you will find that it will cost too much to replace your coffee maker, if you can get parts at all. I would suggest that if you find yourself replacing it choose a stove top percolator and thermal carafe at walmart. The thermal carafe needs to have a glass insert to work well. You may find that you save a of of money because the coffee maker doesn't need to stay on to keep the coffee warm and the coffee doesn't get really strong and unless you burn out the bottom of the percolator or drop the carafe it will last for as long as you are brewing coffee. In case you are wondering, stove top is wonderful, I wonder how I drank the coffee maker coffee before.

By Lee [22]04/18/2009

If you decide to buy another coffee maker, why not offer the coffee pot and filter holder on freecycle and put the rest in recycling? You might be surprised that someone could be looking for just that part of a coffee maker. I am a firm believer in freecycling here in Georgia.

By Judi [17]04/18/2009

We live in a throw away society. Our repairman tells me it's far cheaper to just get a new one.

Here are questions related to Fixing the Heating Element in a Coffee Maker.

Question: Painting the Hot Plate on a Coffee Pot

Does anyone know if there is a safe paint and way of re-painting the hot plate on a coffee pot? I have refurbished a few coffee pots, but have always turned down perfectly good units because the hot plates looked so bad.

By Suzanne P. [1]

Most Recent Answer

By Gale10006/13/2015

There's something called High Heat Paint. People paint Oven doors and baseboard heaters with it. I am not 100% sure if you can use it on your coffee pot's hot plate, but it may say on the can, or you can ask someone at Home Depot! I hope this helps! Good Luck!