Repairing a Bread Machine

When your bread machine stops working properly, the question is whether it can be repaired or if you need to buy a new one. This is a guide about repairing a bread machine.

My wife borrowed our daughter's Oster 5838 bread machine and used it for rolls. She went to use it tonight for more and now the beater paddle won't turn. The shaft in the pan that drives the paddle will not turn. My wife also has an Oster machine and the shaft in the pan of her machine turns by hand. Is there a bearing or 2 in the pan that can be replaced? I see a snap ring on the bottom of the pan, so it looks like it can be taken apart. Are the bearings available?

Answers

Best Answer

The timing belt probably broke. I had a similar incident with a bread machine and this is what I did to fix it. Remove the pan and turn machine upside down. Unscrew the 4 rubber feet from the corners and use a screwdriver to remove the bottom screws. Take the metal bottom plate off and take your machine to your local auto parts store and "try on" timing belts until you find one that fits snugly. Put everything back together and you should be good for another 20 years.

I bought a Zojirushi bread machine at a thrift store. I've always wanted to try one of these, but new ones are so expensive. I'm very disappointed that when I plug it in it doesn't even light up and the buttons do nothing.

Do these things have breakers or fuses that can be replaced?

Answers

Best Answer

Mine has a timer wheel. You have to switch it to OFF in order for it to work, or else it will assume you want to wait for it to be functional. I hope that makes sense (and that you see that on your model, as well). If nothing works, take it to the thrift shop for an in-store exchange. Good luck!

How do I fix my Westbend breadmaker? I turn it on, and there is a clicking sound from the motor, but the paddles don't turn.

Answers

Best Answer

You may have a broken belt. Turn the breadmaker over, unscrew the bottom plate, and have a look.

I only use my Breadman Plus Model #TR777C to knead my pizza dough and it doesn't turn on. I used it a couple of weeks ago and it worked fine. When I plug it in, it makes 1 click and then silence.

Is there a loose connection inside? Should I junk it or is there a part I need to replace? I really love this machine. Please help! Thanks in advance:)

Answers

Best Answer

It this makes one click and shuts off, normally it is a safety switch to protect the machine. You'll need to make sure your paddles are in correctly. Try turning off the machine and checking the paddles. When you first start the machine don't set the timer. This could also be a problem.

I've been using my bread machine for about 2 years. Recently when it is kneading dough, the kneading blades seem to be working very hard. The kneading sound has become unusual, the blade does not turn smoothly. It is like my dough is too heavy to knead, but actually is not, as I'm using the same recipe (320gm flour) all the time. Previously I didn't have such a problem. I've checked, the belt still in good condition.

Please help me.

Answers

If the belt is fine, the motor may be going. Even though it is out of warranty I would contact the company. A machine shouldnt break after only two years.

My Sunbeam machine doesn't warm up, so it doesn't bake anymore. I used to make french bread with it numerous times. Now when I touch the top of it while going through the french bread cycle, it does not warm up as it used to when it was baking. Does anyone know if this is something repairable or will I need to get a new one?
Thanks

Answers

The heating element is probably shot. Bread machines are not as popular as they were, so if I were you I would get another one at a thrift shop or garage sale.

I also still use my old bread machine for french bread as it does a great job but I do expect it to quit on me anytime now.

Your machine may be past its usable stage so I would agree with the suggestion to look for another one. Thrift stores and church sales are really good places to look as not too many people are using these machines any more.

I have seen these for free on Freecycle and some time ago, on Craigslist but you can also place a free ad in either of these stating that you are looking for a bread machine. Just be careful and do not give out ANY personal information.

If you do not frequent thrift stores try looking for locations on the Internet and give them a call before making an extra trip. Goodwill generally always has several for sale - cheap.

In the world that exists today, it is often more expedient to just buy a new one, but in case you are a thrifty DIYer, you could, via differetnt online tutorials such as this one (https://youtu.be/qW50t3BGIeo) fix it yourself.

And you can buy parts on ebay - http://www.ebay  175778231/g.html

1 800 458-8407 is the number I found to your company so you can ask them directly :)

Its either the heating element or the thermostat. Either way, it is cheaper to get another one than to repair it.

I was given a automatic breadmaker. The machine is new, but never heated and never could make bread. I also failed to make bread and I have much interest in doing so if I can get help with my machine, if they can fix it.

I await your response.
Thanks.

By Elena F.

Answers

I cannot tell you how to fix your bread machine, but if it will go through the mix and knead cycles, you can make bread even if it doesn't heat. My bread machine works, but I have not used the heat cycles for years. I set it on the dough cycle.

As soon as it kneads the bread, I remove it from the machine and place it in a greased bowl, cover with a towel and let it rise until double in bulk. Then shape it into a loaf, place it in a greased loaf pan, let it rise again until just an inch or two above the edge of the pan. Bake it in a 375º oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the pan and wrap in a towel to cool.

I have a broken kneader paddle. Where can I get a replacement paddle for my machine? It's a model #250-2 Magic Chef Bread Maker machine.

I have a Sunbeam bread machine, and recently it sounds different when mixing. After the process there are bits of black rubber falling out of the bottom of the bread machine. What is this? How do I fix it without buying a new machine?
Thank you.

The belt has broken, but after I have unscrewed the bottom screws the bottom will not move. It is stuck. Do you know how I can remove it?

I use our Panasonic bread machine to mix and knead the dough. It has only been used on the dough cycle. Twice now it has stopped working before the yeast has been released into the dough. Can it be repaired or should I junk it?

Answers

It will cost you less to find one at a thrift shop or garage sale than to have it fixed.

Do you have the model number? You can reset them completely if you hold the power button down for several seconds.

Your machine may be saved but if I were you, I would start checking thrift stores for a used one as they are generally very cheap.
From Panasonic web site:

In order to reset the breadmaker you need to press the START/STOP button and keep it pressed for 5 seconds, the display will go blank. After the display of the breadmaker is blank press any button...

http://eng.faq.  0machine/p/5/c/0

I just got a used Welbilt bread machine. How do I eject the blade from the machine. The eject button does not eject the blade. Am I not doing something right?

Answers

In all the machines I had, you just lift the kneading blade out. Download a copy of your manual for free online and you can read it for yourself.

Im not sure what model you have. Here is a Welbilt manual.

http://www.brea  Y2K2-ABM1H70.pdf

You do not name your model number but here is a site that has free Welbilt manuals (download PDF) so you may find your model or email service is available.

http://www.bisc  .com/manuals.htm

I have a Moulinex breadmaker which keeps stopping during the baking cycle. I think due to overheating. Is there any way to fix this?

I have had a Hamilton Beach HomeBaker bread maker for the last 4 years which has worked relatively well. The sides however are losing their non-stick coating. Also, the shaft has fallen out of the bread pan. How would I fix it? I believe there is a seal that needs replacement, but what are the steps and parts that I need to fix the problem? Thanks.

I have a Sunbeam breadmaker which makes perfect bread/dough/jam. However in the kneading cycle the bread bin rocks from side to side making a terrible noise, unless you hold it still while the paddle kneads the dough ball. How can I fix it so that the bread bin stays still while the paddle kneads?

I bought an Oster 5834 bread machine at a garage sale. It had never been used the kneading blade was still wrapped in plastic on the cord. I tried making bread and during the kneading process the bread pan gets knocked out of place and the blade stops spinning. If I hold the pan in place it is still difficult and keeps throwing itself out of place. Is there any way to fix this so the pan stays in place?

This is a thrift store purchase. It worked fine for a bit, now it will not power up. There is nothing on the display panel so I cannot set anything. Ideas?

During baking a basic bread, I noticed that my kneading blade keeps on spinning until 20 minutes before completion of the baking and would not stop for the bread to start it's rising cycle. I switched off the machine and turned it on after some minutes. It still continued spinning. I also observed that the body of the bread maker was warm as if it's baking. Please I need a fast solution.

Answers

You haven't mentioned a brand or model number in your question but I suspect in is the control board under the panel that has gone bad.

I have an unused Silver Crest bread maker IAN 38170, which I picked up in a charity shop. When I turn it on to do the initial heat up suggested, it trips my RCD. It seems such a shame to bin it, does anyone know if there is a reset button or equivalent? I have been told by Lidl, where I have discovered it was originally sold, it is too old for them to repair and my local electrician says the part which has a minor fault cannot be reached.

Failing that would anyone like a gift of: baking mould; paddles; instruction book; recipe book. I just hate throwing things away and would be pleased if even some parts could be used.

Answers

I would throw it away. You don't want a faulty electrical appliance in your home.

The left hand knead blade does not turn. Is this right? If not, how do I fix it?

Answers

They should both turn. You can lubricate it with food grade mineral oil.

My Hitachi#HB B201 won't knead. Is it repairable?

By william thompson

Answers

It could be a number of issues - my first guess would be a broken belt. You can check it by unscrewing the screws in the legs of the machine, then the other screws holding on the plate. After removing, look at the belt. If it is broken, sometimes you can find a replacement like I did on eBay. It may also have just come off. If so reattach with the nubs on the outside. It is also possible that your kneading blade (assuming you attached it!) is stuck in the pan. If so, soak it until it can be removed, then start a new recipe. Or it is possible the kneading blade shaft has lost lubrication and soaking the blade won't fix it.

You can google how to re-lubricate it. If your kneading blade is not moving at all-you can test it by starting a bread cycle with no ingredients and observing with a flashlight showing into the window-if not moving STOP the cycle because you will likely break the belt. All of this is assuming your circuitry in the machine is working.

My all in one machine turns on and beeps, but does nothing else. I have tried holding the start button in longer. I also tried pressing button 2x but nothing. No turning sounds either. Any ideas before I pull it apart?

Answers

The Black and Decker website customer service can help you:

http://www.blac  6.1.1.utmcsr=aol|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=black%20%26%20decker%20website&__utmv=-&__utmk=211300566

Load More