Repairing a Bread Machine

When your bread machine stops working properly, the question is whether it can be repaired or if you need to buy a new one. This is a page about repairing a bread machine.

My wife borrowed our daughter's Oster 5838 bread machine and used it for rolls. She went to use it tonight for more and now the beater paddle won't turn. The shaft in the pan that drives the paddle will not turn. My wife also has an Oster machine and the shaft in the pan of her machine turns by hand. Is there a bearing or 2 in the pan that can be replaced? I see a snap ring on the bottom of the pan, so it looks like it can be taken apart. Are the bearings available?

Answers

Best Answer

The timing belt probably broke. I had a similar incident with a bread machine and this is what I did to fix it. Remove the pan and turn machine upside down. Unscrew the 4 rubber feet from the corners and use a screwdriver to remove the bottom screws. Take the metal bottom plate off and take your machine to your local auto parts store and "try on" timing belts until you find one that fits snugly. Put everything back together and you should be good for another 20 years.

I bought a Zojirushi bread machine at a thrift store. I've always wanted to try one of these, but new ones are so expensive. I'm very disappointed that when I plug it in it doesn't even light up and the buttons do nothing.

Do these things have breakers or fuses that can be replaced?

Answers

Best Answer

Mine has a timer wheel. You have to switch it to OFF in order for it to work, or else it will assume you want to wait for it to be functional. I hope that makes sense (and that you see that on your model, as well). If nothing works, take it to the thrift shop for an in-store exchange. Good luck!

How do I fix my Westbend breadmaker? I turn it on, and there is a clicking sound from the motor, but the paddles don't turn.

Answers

Best Answer

You may have a broken belt. Turn the breadmaker over, unscrew the bottom plate, and have a look.

I only use my Breadman Plus Model #TR777C to knead my pizza dough and it doesn't turn on. I used it a couple of weeks ago and it worked fine. When I plug it in, it makes 1 click and then silence.

Is there a loose connection inside? Should I junk it or is there a part I need to replace? I really love this machine. Please help! Thanks in advance:)

Answers

Best Answer

It this makes one click and shuts off, normally it is a safety switch to protect the machine. You'll need to make sure your paddles are in correctly. Try turning off the machine and checking the paddles. When you first start the machine don't set the timer. This could also be a problem.

My SKG machine that I just bought from a liquidator store does not power up. When I plug it in, nothing happens. The panel does not lit up. There is no on/off switch.

Answers

From the reviews on Amazon, this machine doesn't last long. I don't see a reason why you cannot return it if it doesn't work.

I've been using my bread machine for about 2 years. Recently when it is kneading dough, the kneading blades seem to be working very hard. The kneading sound has become unusual, the blade does not turn smoothly. It is like my dough is too heavy to knead, but actually is not, as I'm using the same recipe (320gm flour) all the time. Previously I didn't have such a problem. I've checked, the belt still in good condition.

Please help me.

Answers

If the belt is fine, the motor may be going. Even though it is out of warranty I would contact the company. A machine shouldnt break after only two years.

My Sunbeam machine doesn't warm up, so it doesn't bake anymore. I used to make french bread with it numerous times. Now when I touch the top of it while going through the french bread cycle, it does not warm up as it used to when it was baking. Does anyone know if this is something repairable or will I need to get a new one?
Thanks

Answers

The heating element is probably shot. Bread machines are not as popular as they were, so if I were you I would get another one at a thrift shop or garage sale.

I also still use my old bread machine for french bread as it does a great job but I do expect it to quit on me anytime now.

Your machine may be past its usable stage so I would agree with the suggestion to look for another one. Thrift stores and church sales are really good places to look as not too many people are using these machines any more.

I have seen these for free on Freecycle and some time ago, on Craigslist but you can also place a free ad in either of these stating that you are looking for a bread machine. Just be careful and do not give out ANY personal information.

If you do not frequent thrift stores try looking for locations on the Internet and give them a call before making an extra trip. Goodwill generally always has several for sale - cheap.

In the world that exists today, it is often more expedient to just buy a new one, but in case you are a thrifty DIYer, you could, via differetnt online tutorials such as this one (https://youtu.be/qW50t3BGIeo) fix it yourself.

And you can buy parts on ebay - http://www.ebay  175778231/g.html

1 800 458-8407 is the number I found to your company so you can ask them directly :)

Its either the heating element or the thermostat. Either way, it is cheaper to get another one than to repair it.

I was given a automatic breadmaker. The machine is new, but never heated and never could make bread. I also failed to make bread and I have much interest in doing so if I can get help with my machine, if they can fix it.

I await your response.
Thanks.

By Elena F.

Answers

I cannot tell you how to fix your bread machine, but if it will go through the mix and knead cycles, you can make bread even if it doesn't heat. My bread machine works, but I have not used the heat cycles for years. I set it on the dough cycle.

As soon as it kneads the bread, I remove it from the machine and place it in a greased bowl, cover with a towel and let it rise until double in bulk. Then shape it into a loaf, place it in a greased loaf pan, let it rise again until just an inch or two above the edge of the pan. Bake it in a 375º oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the pan and wrap in a towel to cool.

I have an old bread machine, Hitachi HB-B101. The machine seems to be working, but power does not transfer to the paddle and it does not knead dough. Does this mean the bottom of the pan is worn out and the parts are not clicking? I am hoping replacing a pan and paddle would fix the issue. But before purchasing anything, if possible, I would like to pin point the issue. I appreciate any advise.

Where can I purchase a replacement kneader bar?

My West Bend bread maker #41065 has worked fine for years. But last time I made a loaf the entire bread pan would rotate whenever the machine was kneading the bread. I thought the bread pan itself was wore out and bought a new one. However, that did not solve the problem. Please advise.

I have a broken kneader paddle. Where can I get a replacement paddle for my machine? It's a model #250-2 Magic Chef Bread Maker machine.

I have a Sunbeam bread machine, and recently it sounds different when mixing. After the process there are bits of black rubber falling out of the bottom of the bread machine. What is this? How do I fix it without buying a new machine?
Thank you.

Answers

Sounds like a belt needs replacing. You can unscrew the bottom and see where it goes. Contact Sunbeam and give them the model number. They can send you a replacement part.

Yes we've discovered the belt needs replacing. Now the problem is trying to get the bottom of the Sunbeam bread machine off - we have taken out all screws but it refuses to come apart. Any suggestions?
Thanks,

it seems this is a common problem with bread machines. One answer given (sunbeam site) but I do not believe that will do it.

Remove the screws in the oven and the screw holding the heat element.

here is another answer but if this does not help you can ask your question on this same site and someone will help you (it is free).

http://www.fixy  chine_drive_belt

Anonymous

I had the same issue. The timing/turning/drive belt has probably worn out and is disintegrating (thats what the little black plastic bits are). If you can find a replacement belt it should be easy to replace. There are videos on YouTube on how to replace the belt.

My Breville BR Nine Rapid Bake bread maker won't work on the cycle for whole wheat bread. It works OK on other cycles.

The belt has broken, but after I have unscrewed the bottom screws the bottom will not move. It is stuck. Do you know how I can remove it?

I use our Panasonic bread machine to mix and knead the dough. It has only been used on the dough cycle. Twice now it has stopped working before the yeast has been released into the dough. Can it be repaired or should I junk it?

Answers

It will cost you less to find one at a thrift shop or garage sale than to have it fixed.

Do you have the model number? You can reset them completely if you hold the power button down for several seconds.

Your machine may be saved but if I were you, I would start checking thrift stores for a used one as they are generally very cheap.
From Panasonic web site:

In order to reset the breadmaker you need to press the START/STOP button and keep it pressed for 5 seconds, the display will go blank. After the display of the breadmaker is blank press any button...

http://eng.faq.  0machine/p/5/c/0

I just got a used Welbilt bread machine. How do I eject the blade from the machine. The eject button does not eject the blade. Am I not doing something right?

Answers

In all the machines I had, you just lift the kneading blade out. Download a copy of your manual for free online and you can read it for yourself.

Im not sure what model you have. Here is a Welbilt manual.

http://www.brea  Y2K2-ABM1H70.pdf

You do not name your model number but here is a site that has free Welbilt manuals (download PDF) so you may find your model or email service is available.

http://www.bisc  .com/manuals.htm

My bread maker makes great dough and I gather the element works as it is lightly heated during the mixing and curing stage. The minute it starts to try to bake the bread it trips out. Any suggestions would be appreciated thank you!

I have a Black & Decker All-in-One Horizontal Deluxe breadmaker. I'm sure the belt is off. I tried to open the bottom and have removed the 6 screws, but it is resisting and I do not wish to break it trying to get it open.

My bread maker, a West Bend 4065, is locking up and not kneading. The motor is trying, but the paddle won't turn. (I baked a loaf yesterday...no problem.) I took the bottom plate off and managed to make the cog turn. It then functioned enough to finish the loaf. This has happened before. The belt is not broken. Do the gears need oil/grease? I have had this unit many years, but it only gets used 1-4 times a year. I would like to use it more.

I have a Moulinex breadmaker which keeps stopping during the baking cycle. I think due to overheating. Is there any way to fix this?

I have had a Hamilton Beach HomeBaker bread maker for the last 4 years which has worked relatively well. The sides however are losing their non-stick coating. Also, the shaft has fallen out of the bread pan. How would I fix it? I believe there is a seal that needs replacement, but what are the steps and parts that I need to fix the problem? Thanks.

Load More
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Small Kitchen AppliancesAugust 18, 2013
📓
🌻
🐛
😎