What Were "Floaters" in the 1990s Weight Watchers Plan?

I walked into a second hand store and among the books I found a plastic folder with the 1990 Weight Watchers diet in it. It is a 3-level diet plan, complete with food lists, an unused diary, etc.

I have never been on Weight Watchers before, so my question is, on each level, you are allowed a certain amount of "floaters" per week, but I read through all the literature in the folder and I can't find an explanation of what a floater is.

I searched the web and ThriftyFun and can't find an explanation, although I did learn that Weight Watchers hasn't used floaters in their diet plans in quite a while. If anyone has been on the 1990 diet and knows what a floater is, I would appreciate it if you would share that information with me.

By Fortunately

I'm not exactly sure either, but if I were to take a guess, I would say they are similar to the flex points in the more modern Weight Watchers program. These are extra points for each week that you can use or not, it's up to the dieter. They can be used all at once for a splurge or spread out through the week. I believe it's 35 flex points per week for the current plan. Good luck to you!

The above is correct. A floater is an extra fruit, protein, etc. You are allowed so many per week and the extras (however that maybe) is a floater, but you have to be careful not to over do it.

I was on the Weight Watchers program in 1986-87. We had floaters back then. They were extra foods that could be eaten if we were still hungry and needed a little extra. We had 21 floaters at our option, that was 3 per day if we needed them. we could have fruit, bread, protein, and milk. One serving counted as one floater. I hope this helps.

a girl eating an apple
1990's Weight Watcher Plans
Food and Recipes Food Tips DietingAugust 20, 2010
Pumpkin and Carrot Muffins
Weight Watchers Pumpkin and Carrot Muffins
Weight Watchers Help Scale
Calculating Weight Watchers Point Totals
Yogurt Bread Dough
Weight Watchers Yogurt Bread Dough
Weighing in on Scale
Using Weight Watchers
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 4:15:00 AM on 10.0.2.145 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.