What Were "Floaters" in the 1990s Weight Watchers Plan?

I walked into a second hand store and among the books I found a plastic folder with the 1990 Weight Watchers diet in it. It is a 3-level diet plan, complete with food lists, an unused diary, etc.

I have never been on Weight Watchers before, so my question is, on each level, you are allowed a certain amount of "floaters" per week, but I read through all the literature in the folder and I can't find an explanation of what a floater is.

I searched the web and ThriftyFun and can't find an explanation, although I did learn that Weight Watchers hasn't used floaters in their diet plans in quite a while. If anyone has been on the 1990 diet and knows what a floater is, I would appreciate it if you would share that information with me.

By Fortunately

I'm not exactly sure either, but if I were to take a guess, I would say they are similar to the flex points in the more modern Weight Watchers program. These are extra points for each week that you can use or not, it's up to the dieter. They can be used all at once for a splurge or spread out through the week. I believe it's 35 flex points per week for the current plan. Good luck to you!

The above is correct. A floater is an extra fruit, protein, etc. You are allowed so many per week and the extras (however that maybe) is a floater, but you have to be careful not to over do it.

I was on the Weight Watchers program in 1986-87. We had floaters back then. They were extra foods that could be eaten if we were still hungry and needed a little extra. We had 21 floaters at our option, that was 3 per day if we needed them. we could have fruit, bread, protein, and milk. One serving counted as one floater. I hope this helps.

Hi I'm happy to see that someone has the menus from 1991. Would you be so keep no to provide me with a copy of week 1. I have looked everywhere and I can't find it. I remember it worked very well.

So happy to see you have the 3 wk meal plan. Would you be so kind to provide me with a copy of wks 1. I have looked everywhere for it. I would love to have a copy of wk1. This was a great diet that worked for me yrs ago.