Fixing Scratches on CDs

Is there a way that I can get scratches out of a CD? Please help. Thank you in advance.

By Florida Gal from Spring Hill, FL

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Florida Gal,

Here are three websites that may help you fix scratches on CDs:

This link shows the success of various methods of repairing a CD which concludes that Brasso is best.

http://www.burn  cratchrepair.htm

Step by step guide to using Brasso on a CD.

http://www.inst  hey-work-again./

This link is part one of three; the link for the other two parts are at the bottom of the page.

http://www.info  compact_disc.htm

Good Luck,

Bob

I have family that live in Spring Hill, FL.

I've used furniture polish on DVD's. Spray and then wipe in a circular motion until dry. The DVD was so badly scratched that it was worth the risk and it worked beautifully.

Any store (walmart) that sells the cd's,dvds will have a scratch remover product. It comes in a paste or a liquid. It runs around $4

Try your local video rental store. They have resurfacing machines. The store in my town resurfaces them for $2.00 a piece.

April 1, 2009 Flag

How can you fix a scratch on a CD?

Judy from Traverse

Answers:

Fixing Scratches on CDs

Starting from inside of the CD working on outwards in a straight line (no circles) you de-scratch it by using a little bit of rubbing alcohol on a paper towel. When you are done it is really clean and the scratches are gone. Now I have never done this, but I saved this info for when I have need of it. (08/04/2006)

By Joan

Fixing Scratches on CDs

I once fixed a lightly scratched CD using a dollop of cleaner for ceramic ranges, carefully applying it with a soft microfiber cloth from the inside center towards the outside edge, gently polishing in straight lines (no circling with the cloth) and wiping the cleaner off again.
This might only work for lighter scratches, since I don't think you can do anything about deeper scratches (08/05/2006)

By Marta Jane

Fixing Scratches on CDs

Also try furniture polish! (08/12/2006)

By Erica

Fixing Scratches on CDs

If you wish to fix a CD scratch the easiest and most effective way is to get clothes washing detergent and dilute it with water. Soak a paper towel in this solution and rub the CD from the center to the edge. You will cause more damage if you try to rub the CD in a circle motion. (09/11/2008)

By rayneman8390

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Repair OfficeApril 1, 2009
Storing CDs
Storing CDs and DVDs
Repairing Scratches on Wood Furniture
Repairing Scratches on Wood Furniture
Uses for CDs
Uses for CDs
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 9:51:09 AM on 10.0.1.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.