Defrosting Frozen Pancake Batter

What is the best way to defrost frozen pancake batter?

By jazzy774

Anonymous

Because pancake batter has raw egg in it, it is probably best to defrost it in the refrigerator. Once defrosted, the batter might be watery, in which case you would have to add more pancake flour to bring it back to the proper consistency. Pancakes made with frozen batter are not as good and do not rise as high as those made with fresh batter. A better idea might be to cook the pancakes, then freeze them between layers of waxed paper.

I agree to finish making the pancakes, however, I just leave the finished pancakes kinda spread out on a plate in the freezer for a bit and then put them in a Ziploc freezer bag. I reuse the bags. I just leave them in the freezer, they are marked with what was inside. I do that for my waffles as well. There has never been a problem with them sticking together.

I would suggest making the pancakes ahead of time and freezing them on cookie sheets then putting in a ziploc bag. That way you can pull out as many as you want and pop in the microwave and they are read to eat. Sherry