Tape on Aluminum Siding

I really need help. I am selling my house and a couple of years ago I put mailing tape on the peak of my house on some type of aluminum siding, to hold my icicle lights in place. Great, but now 8 years later the tape is still there. What do I do?

Laura from Manorville, NY

wd-40 should renove the residue, along with a little elbow grease.

A great product to use is called Goo Gone, that might help. Otherwise if it isn't really noticable just leave it there.

Cooking oil or any oily product will do it. Put it on, let it sit 15-30 minutes, and scrape or peel. The formerly sticky residue witll rub off.

Nail polish remover removes stickers off of walls. I would test it first in case it removes the color off of your siding.

Try using your hair dryer to heat it up and see if it will come off. I do that a lot. Also read the hint on WD-40. I have read that previously but have not tried it. I believe it would work. Good luck!!

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousMay 1, 2006
Cleaning Vinyl Siding, A woman scrubbing the siding of her house.
Cleaning Vinyl Siding
Row of holiday trailers in a park.
Cleaning Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
duct tape flip flops
Making Duct Tape Flip Flops