Getting Rid of Insect Bite Scars

When I was younger I used to get bug bites really bad. I would scratch them and now I am left with the scars from it all over my legs. If I exfoliated every day for a few months, would my scars go away? If not, are there any ways that will make them go away ASAP?

By Hannahh from HI

Hannah,

Rest easy, the scars will likely fade over time. I used to have mosquito bite scars all over and they are gone now! Don't exfoliate daily, that will do more harm than good. 2 or 3 times a week is ideal. Also, switch between manual exfoliation (scrubs) and chemical exfoliation (salicylic acid, etc) for best results. A dermatologist can be extremely helpful as well. But here are some other tips: lavender essential oil is said to reduce scarring as is rose hip oil. Also, try to keep the skin well moisturized to help it heal, aloe vera gel and coconut oil are wonderful for this. If all else fails, they will fade on their own, just give them time to heal and regenerate! Best of luck!

When I was little my grandparents always made me put tooth paste on my bug bites. Then i would put a band aid over it. What this does is dries the bug bite. From what I remember it works really well!