KitchenDecorating

Inca Theme Lampshade

Category Kitchen

My kitchen is decorated with and Inca and Mexican theme. I needed extra light so I brought in a nice lamp. Instead of going out and buying a new shade I want to make over the one I have in complimentary design. Any suggestions? I love to experiment.

charliesquirt from So. Pines, N.C.

check this out on covering a lamp shade. http://tinyurl.com/dl6d6 This article uses fabric, but you could use wall paper or paint it and paste some cut outs on. Maybe you could stensil some design on after painting.

I suggest going to local craft store or even Walmart and check out their stencils to see if you can find something to go with your theme. If not , and you have a design in mind--trace it on to posterboard and then cover it in clear contact paper on both sides, cut out your design with xacto knife and you've just cut out your own stencil. If it is a lampshade with smooth finish , you should have no problems. You might also find some trim that you could glue around bottom of lampshade. I have some lampshades that are stenciled and I get alot of compliments on them.

Happy crafting--Crystal from Bennettsville, SC

I am picturing in my mind a tin can with a design punched into it with a suitable design for a shade.