Growing Everbearing Strawberries

I set out everbearing strawberries last year. How many years can I hope to have berries before they need transplanting?

Hardiness Zone: 7b

By Cookie from Pleasant Plains, AR

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You are supose to remove the mother plant and let some of the babies take over about every three years. The mother plants will have bigger leaves, and show the runners that are comming from them. They will even continue to multiply if you choose to give them away when you pull them. Here is what happens.

The runners will get many babies. Strawberries are a ground cover. I give away strawberry plants every year becouse they just take over every thing.

The first few years they would not produce for me. So I did some research and found that rabbit droppings are the majic key to producing fruit. Stir them in water and just throw the muddy looking water on. Hourse manaure is a second choice. Good luck with your strawberries.

Growing Strawberries
Growing Strawberries
Home and Garden Gardening BerriesJanuary 29, 2011
Growing Strawberries
Growing Strawberries in a Greenhouse
Coring or Hulling Strawberries
Tips for Coring or Hulling Strawberries
filled strawberry
Making Stuffed Strawberries
Fresh strawberries in a jar with a colander in the background.
Canning Strawberries
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:10:05 AM on 10.0.1.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.