Color Stains out of Other Colored Clothes

I just washed all of my baby's clothes, two of which were gifts and some of these dresses are really expensive and beautiful ones. However, the color bled into all the others and they have turned bluish/reddish. Can anyone please suggest a way of getting them back to their original colors?

I did not have this problem before with her other colored clothes, just this lot (actually one of two blueish red outfits.) I am so upset, because some of these dresses she hasn't even worn. Please help.

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Rit color remover will do the job for you. I always keep an extra box in the laundry room for when this might happen.

I use a product called Carbona Color Run Remover. It is expensive (less than $5), but worth every penny. Just follow the instructions. Some stores have it with the dye or you can always find it at JoAnn's Fabrics. I keep a box on hand at all times.

I had a coat fade on a khaki purse of mine Is there anyway to remove the color that faded on it.

If the sweater is washable, wash it by itself with a Shout Color Catcher sheet. I do not usually push brand names, but this is one product that works. You could also take the sweater to a dry-cleaner's.

Thank you Phyllis! I had washed my son's khaki uniform pants with something red and it stained them pretty bad. I had tried re-washing twice with no luck and was sure that they were ruined. Then I read your post and I can not tell you how happy I was with the results of the Carbona. The stains are out and he will never know what happened. I will be sure to keep a box of this at home from now on.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

February 17, 2009 Flag

I just washed my brand new pink and cream maternity outfit with some blue pants and the blue bled all over the outfit. Anyone know a way to get the blue out?

Layla from Fenton, MI

Answers:

There is a spray you can get at the dollar store called Awesome. It can get out anything. First I would try Shout. (04/19/2005)

By maria

Try Oxi-Clean. It should remove the color that ran into the white. (04/20/2005)

By SueBee

I removed black dye marks from my Granddaughter's white dress with black spots in the following manner:

Thoroughly spray stained area with a good quality pre-wash spray (I used sard). Then use a stain removing soap (Sard wonder soap) and wash with your other whites.

Any laundry soap will probably have the same result, but I used what I had on hand & it worked well. (01/15/2009)

By Sunbaby

Do not dry the stained outfit. Run it back through the washer in cold water to keep from setting the blue stains. (01/15/2009)

By Janis

January 13, 2009 Flag

My daughter accidentally soaked her favorite pink jacket with her sister's brown pants. How can I remove the brown stain from the pink jacket? Please help.

Florence

Answers:

I had a soup stain on my yellow shirt. I put blue soap on the shirt to wash out the stain but then the blue soap can't come out. How can I get out the blue soap? (01/09/2009)

By BJ

Iron Water Stains Out of White Clothing

I washed my daughter's new white sweatshirt in our water that I didn't realize was loaded with iron. I have it hanging to dry, but the brown iron spots are VERY noticeable. Any suggestions on how to remove these iron spots? (01/09/2009)

By Amy

January 6, 2009 Flag

How do you remove color stains from a shirt?

Rohini

Answers:

Fix an enamel sink or pan full of hot water. Add to this 1 cup of powdered dishing water detergent and 1 cup bleach. Swish this around and put the article in solution. Let sit about an hour. You would think that this would hurt the colored articles so far it has not damaged any of mine and I have been using this solution for over 30 years. Glitz (01/05/2009)

By Glitz

December 23, 2008 Flag

My light blue cotton shirt has got red colored stains while washing. How can I remove the stains?

SUJATA

Answers:

(submitted via email)
I have a brown cotton pant and the pant is dirty with blue colour stains. Please help me on how to remove blue colour for my brown pant.

shweta (06/24/2008)

By jess_admin

(submitted via email)
I washed my husband's blue cotton shirt with my daughter's yellow dress and now the shirt has yellow stains. How will it go off? Please help me.

Soni (06/30/2008)

By jess_admin

(submitted by email)
My white churidhar was washed along with a blue colour dress and the colour came over the white dress. How do I remove that blue colour?

Reni (07/15/2008)

By ThriftyFun

I, by mistake, washed red garment with light colored clothes and all of them got the pink stains and now they are dry already. What should I do to remove these stains? I used bleach and Vanish also but nothing is helping me. I live in Hong Kong and tried to find RIT and Oxy clean Products but I was not able to find them here. Kindly suggest me some other alternatives to get my bright clean clothes back. (07/16/2008)

By Deepika

I have found Oxy Clean does a pretty good job, especially when combined with a stain remover directly on the spot. Apply stain remover, and then soak garment in Oxy Clean for quite a few hours and quite often, if not most of the time, you will have success...hopefully. :-) (09/11/2008)

By Laurie

White stains on color clothes

I have white stains on my color clothes after washing and they won't go away. I heard diluting vodka in water/ solution helps, does anyone know if this is true or have any suggestions? I've already switched to liquid soap. (11/15/2008)

By Manny

March 21, 2008 Flag
Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
Picture of a red striped shirt in a washer.
Removing Dye Transfers from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsFebruary 17, 2009
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
Colored Pencils
Organizing Colored Pencils
Colorful clothing hanging out of a washing machine.
Removing Stains from Colored Clothing
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 29, 2016 at 11:07:42 PM on 10.0.2.139 in 654 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.