AdviceGifts

Presenting a Gift of Money

I would like to get an idea on how to present a gift of money to someone. I would like to present it in another way then just putting it in a card.

By Lady Leslie from Lawton, OK

You could make a money tree. If you do a Google search for Money Tree How To you will find instructions. My mom used to make them when the office would give a group gift of money for someone. You can do some origami with the bills, or attach with ribbons or fancy pipe cleaners to make it look prettier.

(P.S. I grew up in Lawton!)

My friends did something so unique when they gave me money for my birthday. They gave me $20 total in $1's! Then they taped the ends form left to right so they stack up. Then they put part of it stuck out of the card so that when they pulled the money out, it would make a long line of 20 $1 dollar bills. I hope you like the idea!

My friend folds one dollar bills to look like a tiny mans shirt. She uses a dot/glue to stick them on anything and everything. Cute!

Purchase an appropriately-themed helium balloon, attach the $ bill with tape onto the string of the balloon, put it in a box with a card, then either mail the box or wrap it and give it to the recipient in person. Once the balloon pops out of the box, it'll sure be a surprise, and the money hanging from the string, will be an even nicer surprise!

Forgot to mention that there are several ways to fold money (search the Internet) that would be fun to do and then put in your card. Good luck!

I have seen dollar bills made into roses, but you would have to Google how to do that. Wouldn't work here in Canada, with our loonies!

One Christmas I gave my grandchildren $50 In nickles, dimes and quarters in a cookie tin. They were thrilled and spent a lot of time counting it. My daughter took the kids to Target and, unfortunately, the clerks weren't so thrilled.

I have actually rolled up paper money inside ballons so they person has to pop them to get the cash. I once put a bunch of ballons, some with money, some without, in my sister's room. No helium, just blew them up myself. I've also gone to the store and got helium ballons and taken to a graduation party.

Anonymous

Here are oodles of really cool origami folded paper money designs with instructions at these links:

http://www.orig  ney-origami.html

http://www.lisa  igami/index.html

http://villageo  g-money-origami/

http://www.home  ney-origami.html