Urine Odor on Microfiber Couch

I need help and I have tried everything (so I think). My husband fell asleep on our couch and had an accident. It's not suede, but it feels like it and I can't get rid of the smell of urine to save my life. Is there something I am missing that I haven't tried?

By Melissa from Mesa, AZ

Best Answer

Have you tried an enzymatic cleaner? I use Petzyme from Petsmart for pet accidents, but the enzymatic cleaners can be used on any organic messes (urine, feces, vomit, blood). There are other brands available, too. When we rescued a little kitten, he had an accident on the couch (pee), and I used Petzyme on it. I've never had a problem with any of my cats coming back to that area. Best of luck!

Does your sofa have individual pillows where you sit? If yes, I'd try the dry-cleaners. Or maybe Dryel-do it yourself dry cleaning in your own dryer. I use Dryel all the time, but about the third time around I use the professional dry cleaners. Lots of luck and I hope one of these 'tricks' works for you!

I saw on tv that vinegar would remove the urine smell. Mix a small amount of vinegar in a bottle of water and soak the area. Them take a dry towel and dab it dry. Also you can use it to water your sheets in.

Regular old grocery store vinegar-pour it directly on, let it soak in to the padding and sit for awhile.

Another product which is very good is Odo-Ban; it is kind of hard to find, but I have found it in the pet section at walMart, and Sam's Club carries it constantly, if you live near one. My brother before his death was a severe diabetic, and incontinent a lot. I put the Odo-ban in with the detergent in the machine and washed his sweat pants and it erased all, and I mean all signs there was ever any urine on them, and they would be SOAKED,and sit in the laundry sometimes a day or two before I had a load, so it works!

Couch with urine odors.
Removing Urine Odors from a Couch
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureApril 25, 2010
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty Stains from Microfiber
Brown microfiber couch.
Cleaning Microfiber Furniture
A cat sitting on a couch.
Removing Cat Urine Odor from a Couch
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber