General AdviceConsumer Advice

Free Regional Bartering Sites

I've been trying to find a list or directory of free websites that folks use for person-to-person bartering within their regions, states or communities. But all I can find is business barter sites or Yahoo clubs that don't appear to be active. Can you point me in the right direction?

Mark

Craigslist has a bartering section but it just has each person listing what they have and isn't really organized. That would be nice to find.

Here in Canada we have Freecycle.com People give away items they don't want. You could send them an e-mail and ask if they have a bartering site, and if you find one, let us know! Good idea.

Here in the US, it's FreeCycle.org. I've heard there's a CheapCycle organization, too, but to be honest, I'm not even sure how it works. I belong to my local FreeCycle chapter - and believe me, you have to be really fast to get anything decent!

Check out this FREE bartering site: www.favorpals.com. it's great, reliable, and safe/secure. go there to trade all your services. good luck.

Well I found: http://pumaandm … ering.com/barter

It is a more niche bartering site although they have many categories they seem to cater to bikers and car lovers as I am one I posted two links there for my business.

Hello Mark!

Another nice trading site is http://www.barterquest.com. I love to swap my stuff with them. You can barter goods, services and real estate and its free! I thought you might like it. Enjoy!

2 Thumbs Up! I agree with myshipper (1st post). I was given the site by a friend, of a friend. I was very impressed. I listed my car for trade, looking for a 4wd vehicle. 2 days later, I traded for a 4wd pickup. I plan to use the site again. I already went back just to check out the cool listings.

I've had a lot of success and fun trading all kinds of things on Doodad Swap (http://www.doodadswap.com). It's free and you can build up credit to get some really nice things.