Pretty Garden Bench from Bed Frame and Coffee Table

Need a place to sit and relax in your garden? Here is a great way to recycle and reuse a headboard and a old coffee table. Find a great looking single or twin headboard and a old coffee table at a yard sale. Cut off the legs of the headboard and attach with L brackets to the coffee table. Paint your new bench with outdoor paint to protect the wood. You can also make a cushion for this by covering some foam and Velcroing it to the seat.

By Debra in CO

I love this idea Debra. It just so happens I have both a coffee table and headboard on my porch. Thank you so much.

This sound like a really nice tip, however I'm having problems picturing it. Do you have a photo of this or a web site where I could go to?

Thanks.

Hello. Sounds like a great idea! I'm living in Germany and what a lot of folks here are doing is finding old double bed head and foot boards. They're doing pretty much the same as you for the back and seat part. However, they are cutting the footboard in half (top to bottom) and attaching the cut sides to the short sides of the coffee table and the front of the headboard. Very pretty! They have also just made a wooden box with flip lid (like the old wooden toy boxes) and used that instead of the coffee table. Now you have storage, too! They're selling for hundreds of dollars here - I know - I bought one!!!

Garden Bench
Making a Garden Bench
Crafts Garden & Yard DecorationsOctober 27, 2004
Concrete bench on grass
Making a Concrete Bench
Making a Potting Bench
Making a Potting Bench
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
wooden garden bench with tulips
Choosing a Garden Bench
🎉
🎄