Building an Easy Wooden Outdoor Bench
Familiarity with power tools, some cedar lumber, and time are all that is needed to make this nice seating addition for your garden. This is a page about building an easy outdoor bench.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
September 28, 2017
This outdoor bench makes for extra seating, not to mention a resting place when working in the garden! It is an easy, functional, and decorative addition to an outdoor space.
Total Time: 4 hours
- 4 4x4 cedar posts cut to 16 1/2 lengths for legs
- 4 2x6s cut to 60" lengths for seat
- 2 2x4s cut into 58" lengths for front and back rails for frame
- 4 2x4s cut to 17 3/8" lengths, 2 for side rails, and 2 for the joists of the frame
- scale drawing/plans for the bench
- Pre cut all pieces.
- Build frame; add joist to the center frame.
- Attach the pre cut legs to the inside of frame corners.
- After attaching legs to the and frame, the seat pieces are added, measuring all 4 sides for equal overhang.
- All pieces were pre nailed with a nail gun (optional) then secured with exterior nails for stronger hold and weather resistance.
- Lightly sand and stain.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.