Buttered Noodles

If you're broke and money is too tight to buy food, I have a great recipe for you. Take some dry pasta, preferably egg noodles, but whatever you have on hand should work fine. Cook your serving until it is al dente, drain pasta and return to pan. Stir in approximately a tablespoon of butter or margarine. Use more or less to suit your tastes. This is buttered noodles. Serve in a bowl and salt to taste. Enjoy a low cost meal prepared in minutes.

By Brandi M. Seals

I love noodles with butter. Dont forget you can add peas or any other frozen veggie to the water while the noodles are boiling. For me, it sorta makes it a meal.. (grin).

Also, if you're going to do this, check into the newer whole grained pastas that are on the market now. They're a little more money, but its better than having your hair fall out .. lol.

This is so unhealthy why advise kids to eat this way? Better to add some kind of green vegetable and some protein, even if it's a spoonful of peanut butter. Kids need good nourushing food in order to learn.

I agree, the protien is SO important for proper brain function...get some Tuna! The butter helps, if you don't have cream soup, but tuna and canned vegetables cost less than the butter! And they fill you up and have the right fats: Omega 3 complex to feed your mind!

"why advise kids to eat this way?" my guess is that she was a poor college student and thats all she could afford. im sure most first time college students aren't too picky about what they are eating.

Sorry to be critical, but this is pure carbs and almost no food value. Baked beans would be better.....at least a little protein.

This is low cost, and undoubtably tasty. While I would not call it a meal, for an occasional dinner it is not a problem.

It IS a great vehicle for left-overs: whatever meat, veggies, cheese, or the like you have on hand can be added. If the veggies are cooked, add to the water in the last few seconds before draining to heat through. If they're raw (like baby carrots or frozen), add them into the boiling pasta to cook. For leftover meats, I put them in the colander and drain the pasta over it--heats it through. For cheese or sliced pepperoni, I add it to the pasta immediately after I have drained it. A shake or two of parmesan cheese is good, too. A canister of parmesan is not terribly expensive, and lasts a long time!

Another hint--if you buy your frozen veggies in bags, you can just pour out what you need and reseal the bag with a twist-tie.