Recipes Using Noodles

Category Pastas
An inexpensive, versatile unleavened staple made with wheat, rice, buckwheat, etc. This pasta is delicious combined with a wide variety of ingredients. This page contains recipes using noodles.

If you're broke and money is too tight to buy food, I have a great recipe for you. Take some dry pasta, preferably egg noodles, but whatever you have on hand should work fine. Cook your serving until it is al dente, drain pasta and return to pan. Stir in approximately a tablespoon of butter or margarine. Use more or less to suit your tastes. This is buttered noodles. Serve in a bowl and salt to taste. Enjoy a low cost meal prepared in minutes.

By Brandi M. Seals

This page contains creative ramen recipes. Ramen can be elevated beyond the simple bowl of noodles and used in recipes.

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

This recipe came about because it was the day before pay day and I had almost nothing in the fridge or pantry. I had put myself on an enforce pantry challenge, to use up what I had.

I had 10 eggs, a few veggies and one packet of 2 minute noodles in the pantry.

I cooked the noodles but didn't put the flavouring in with the noodles. I kept it aside. I divided the noodles into 5 equal portions. I added equal amounts of chopped veggies to those portions.

In a bowl whisk 2 eggs together with a little water. Into this put the noodles and veggies and a little of the seasoning from the packet. Just enough to give it a little flavour. There should be enough in the packet for 5 omelets.

In a non-stick fry pan (or omelet pan) melt a little butter. Pour egg mix into heated pan. As egg mix cooks, lift up edges and tip pan to allow the uncooked egg on top to flow under the cooked egg mix.

If you have an omelet pan it's pretty easy to cook both sides. However, if you're like me, you may not have the luxury of this.

What I do is wait until I can see the bottom is starting to cook, then I put a plate on top of the pan, and take it off the heat and invert the pan. The omelet is now on the plate. I then lift the pan and slide the omelet off the plate back onto the pan again to cook further.

Omelet is done when bottom is browned and edges are set. My girls loved the fact that there were noodles in the omelet and it was more filling. Plus they got their serve of vegetables and they didn't even realize it.

Hope this helps

By Ozbev from Rockingham, Western Australia

When I boil noodles for something I always boil the whole package since I spent the time boiling the water. Then I use the noodles I need and I freeze the rest of the noodles in a freezer bag that I have pushed the air out of. Then the next time I need noodles I just plop the frozen noodles in hot water and in 2-3 minutes I have done noodles. I have given most of my co-workers this tip and they love it!

By Diane

Easy and Delicious

*Reserve about 1 cup of pasta cooking liquid which will create the beautiful light sauce

Directions:

Preparation: First, set oven to 400 degrees F. Place foil on a lined cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season to taste, salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc. Roast broccoli for about 15-20 until desired doneness is reached.

Then, in a sauce pan, saute the onion until translucent. Add garlic and saute for about 5 minutes until garlic is fragrant. Deglaze pan with white wine. Simmer mixture for about 10 minutes. Then add reserved pasta cooking water and simmer on low heat. Add handful of frozen peas and mix to combine. Remove sauce from heat and place on back burner.

In a large bowl, add the drained noodles with sauce mixture. To serve, plate the lasagna mixture on the bottom of the plate, set the roasted broccoli on top then sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy!

Servings: 5
Time:5 Minutes Preparation Time
30 Minutes Cooking Time

By Karen

Ingredients

• 1 bag flat egg noodles
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
  • 2 cans tuna fish (drained)
  • dab of milk
  • big handful of crushed potato chips

Directions

Boil noodles in pan until soft. Drain and leave in pan. Dump everything else in and mix until blended. Leave on stove on low temp to warm. The chips give you a little bit of salt to taste.

My kids loved this when they were young and still do now that they are grown and make it for their children. Makes about 6 good portions. Serve with a crisp side salad. It is very filling.

By Barbara from Evington, VA

This is a thrifty recipe that my sister came up with when she had several children that she watched in her home daycare. It can be spiced up quite a bit for the adult version, or left as is for picky children

Here is an easy to make recipe for chicken noodles and peas that is nutritious and delicious. This page contains chicken noodles and peas recipe.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a GREAT side dish! It goes well with almost anything!

Combine all ingredients except cheese and chips in casserole; bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes. Top with cheese and chips; bake 5-10 more minutes.

Cook noodles as package directs. Drain. Heat soup and milk; add tuna, pimiento and season to taste. Serve over noodles.

Saute onion and garlic in oil in a large skillet. Brown beef in same skillet, and crumble while browning. Add tomato sauce, paste, wine, bay leaf, 2 teaspoons of salt, and oregano. Simmer 15 minutes.

My Mom created this dish which I loved as a child and frequently make as an adult due to the simplicity, great taste and it is very economical. It is so simple, I have the recipe memorized.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat 3 qt. baking dish with cooking spray. Cook noodles according to package directions until almost tender; drain. In same pot melt 2 Tbsp. butter over medium heat...

In saucepan cook noodles according to directions. Add broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking, drain and set aside.

I have about half a bag of noodles and I need some recipe ideas. I would like recipes with no meat. Thanks!

By Maryeileen from Brooklyn, OH

Answers

You didn't say what sort of noodles you have, but this is one of my daughter's favorites: I make 2 cans of tomato soup (with milk) and add a package of steamed mixed veggies and egg noodles. She gobbles it up every time!

Search for", Easy Meatless Pasta Recipes", good luck.

Apple Noodle Bake
2 c. cooked egg noodles
4 c. sliced apples
3/4 c. plus 3 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
2 eggs
1 lb. ricotta cheese
1/3 c. honey
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. butter, cut up

Instructions
Mix apples with 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In another bowl, mix ricotta with eggs, honey, vanilla, and remaining sugar. Fold noodles into cheese mixture and put half the noodles into the bottom of a greased 2-quart baking dish. Spread apple mixture on top, and cover with remaining noodles. Dot with butter. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 50 minutes. Serve warm or cold. Serves 8.

I cook the noodles, sometimes add a can of mushrooms and a pound of ground beef and stir in a can of condensed mushroom soup. Don't add any water, just add the can in it's condensed form. If it's too thick when you get it all stirred up, add a half can of milk or water. Works with any noodle I've used so far, but I usually use wide egg noodles.

I like to boil the noodles, and after you drain them , add margarine or butter, parmesan cheese, and a touch of black pepper...yum!

Oops, sorry....they're wide egg noodles. Keep those ideas coming and remember, NO meat. Thanks!

*regular noodles with sauce of pesto or alfredo besides marinara
*soup anything with a broth and maybe some veggies
*baked like a lasagna with lots of cheese or a meatless one pot hamburger helper thing
*cold salad like
- macaroni salad in a type of mayo dressing
- egg type of salad
- with beans to make bean salad
*stir fry with some quick pan fried veggies and peanut sauce to make like a tai dish
*mac and cheese like dish with a cheesy sauce

Hello,

This is yummy!

1 can of cream soup (I use cream chicken)
1/2 cup of milk
1/4 cup parmesan
1 cup frozen veggies (I use mixed veggies)
2 cups of cooked noodles
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use whatever I have on hand)
seasoning- black pepper, salt, garlic ect.

Mix everything, but the cheddar cheese.
bake at 400 for about 25 minutes or warmed through stir and top with cheddar cheese ( I let sit in oven until cheese melts)

For the meat lovers, you can add about 2 cups of cubed chicken ect. In the past I've used leftover porkchops.

You can add whatever fits your taste.
This receipe is very easy and most of the ingredients you can "eyeball"
Enjoy! mvb