New Orleans Style Chicken
- 1 1/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 tsp. canola oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 3/4 cups hot water
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (15oz.)
- 1 package red beans and rice mix
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained (14.5oz.)
- 1/3 cup shredded Asiago cheese
In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in 1 tsp. oil over medium high heat; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the carrots, onion and peppers in remaining oil for 10 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the water, black beans and red beans and rice mix.
Return chicken to the pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 11, 2016 at 7:53:19 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us