Browsing: Cleaning Laminate Flooring

Best Vacuum for Laminate Flooring

What is the best vacuum or sweeper to use, to pick up pet hair and dust on laminate flooring?

By Tracey from AL

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

ReviewsVacuum CleanersLaminate Wood Flooring

Wood flooring is becoming a more popular choice in many homes today. Because of this, the industry is pushing forward to provide the best cleaning care products for hard floors. If you have a lot of hard-wood flooring in your home, or if you simply are looking for a solution that can handle your kitchen, there are a few top choices for vacuum cleaners. Here are some of the best.

Electrolux EL6985A

This is a bagged Canister Vacuum that provides great cleaning power for your hard flooring. It consistently receives rave reviews by its owners for its performance on hard floors. It is also quiet and easy to use. Although it only provides 9 amps of power, this is all that is needed because of its advanced suction system that can be adjusted by a sliding control on the base unit.

The hose length is 6 feet and it can be extended another 3 feet with the telescoping tube attachment. It comes with two different nozzles: one for hard floors features retractable bristles and another for carpeting that has an air-powered brush. It comes with two bags, one pre-installed so additional bags are not necessary right away. It has a washable HEPA filter and is solidly constructed.

I located this online. We got one on sale (not this brand)but no pets in home, be sure to get one with a bag, the bagless is too dusty when emptying it, good luck.

For starters, why not a little swiffer shaped thing with a lambswool type cover. It will get all the hairs and dusty stuff, and slide other objects which you can sweep up with a nice synthetic [soft style] broom. Shake out the cover into garbage can and toss into washer few times per week. See how that goes work wise and decide how much vacuum you really need to purchase. I always start at the low end of the technology chain and work my way up to see if there isn't something as useful, even though more old fashioned.

When people used to have wood floors they used carpet sweepers for the rugs and dustmops for the wood. I must admit I am biased; I hate vacuums, never figured out why..currently have an old Royal

[blue] I bought at a garage sale and I have refurbished it and I baby it; it's as close to love I've ever had for a vacuum.

I am" blessed" with a tiny kitchen. A friend installed Laminate for us. We bought it at Home Depot and totally by accident, it said clean with dry cloth and Windex. I use a swiffer type mop with old wash cloths or shop towels. It is amazing stuff. Water just beads up and it takes awhile to get it off the laminate. Many people use water with white vinegar, but that didn't work. So finally I went to the garage where the instructions were. Surprise! Windex. Love it. So easy. And dries in just a minute. GG Vi

I have a small bagless Hoover Flair. It looks like a stickvac and cost around $50. It is easy to handle and you can run the beaterbar or not. It is pretty good on carpet but perfect for bare floors. You can take the filter out and wash it. This model has been around for a long time, I think because it is such a good machine. Stick it in the closet and you wont even know it is there. I am a retired cleaning lady and very picky. Good luck!

I have a Dyson Animal. Works great on any type of flooring.

Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsMarch 15, 2010
Paint can, tray, brushes and supplies.
Painting Laminate Flooring
Pair of black boots and tennis shoes on a vinyl floor
Cleaning Black Rubber Marks on Laminate Flooring
laminate wood flooring
White Marks on Laminate Flooring
Cleaning Laminate Flooring With a Steam Mop
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 25, 2016 at 8:20:35 AM on 10.0.0.96 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.