Use Email As Your Online Cookbook

contest winner icon

I have one email address that I use as my online cook book or archives. I send all of my recipe newsletters to that address and have created folders that I store all my recipes in. I also copy and paste recipes that I find online and email them to myself.

It is very handy because the title tells which recipe it is and I can search quickly. I can also email them to others in a jiffy. When it's time to write the weekly menus, I go here to see what looks good. I can also look for recipes that fit ingredients I already have. Here are my topics:

4th of July, Beans, Beef, Bread, Breakfast, Candy, Cheese, Chicken, Chinese Food, Christmas, Cookies, Crockpot, Desserts, Directions, Flylady, Good Ideas, Herbs, Kidstuff, Low Carb, Lunch, Main Dishes, Mexican, Pie, Pasta, Potatoes and Veggies, Soup, Salads, Sauces and Dressings, Seafood, Snacks, Soup, Substitutions, Thanksgiving, Tofu, Bisquick, Drinks, Home Remedies, Ice Cream, Pork, and Pressure Cooker. Funny, no Zebra recipes.

By croisfam from Easthampton, MA

I've been doing this for several years. I have 5 e-mail addresses. I use 2 of them for recipes, 1 for all things pertaining to needle work and sewing, 1 for crafts and 1 for overflow of recipes and misc. I have 20 folders per address and each folder holds 32 items. Just think of the wealth of knowledge and information we can have at our fingertips!

Awesome!!!

Excellent idea. I do the same with different headings. I'm beginning to think I should add "Robin" as a separate one--her recipes are so good!

http://homeplansoftware.com/recipe.htm try this freeware. This is free and you download it. You can put your recipes into it and make whatever catergories you wish. I love this thing. I have almost 2000 recipes in it now. You can also download this onto a cd and give it to a friend if you wish.

I love this idea but I just put a category under my yahoo email and put the recipes in there. I have lots of categories and it is my go to if I need anything. I have so many emails. I even have one category for passwords and apps. Yahoo email lets you keep big files forever.

I, too, have done this for years. I have folders with different categories. (Bread, Diabetic and Healthy, Mixes, etc. After I use them and know it is something I will make over and over, then I print it out, or write it out.

Wooden Recipes Box
Organizing Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsFebruary 1, 2007
Junk Mail or Email Spam
Preventing Junk Mail or Email Spam
Couple looking at recipes both online and using recipe box
Saving Recipes
Gmail
Using Gmail
Homemade Recipe Book Holder
Making a Cookbook Holder
🎉
🎄