Inexpensive Toys Made in the USA

Need safe toys MADE IN THE U.S.A. for a great-granddaughter that will be 4 years old in Dec. I do not sew or do handwork. Anyone have ideas that will be easy and not much money? ($10 - $20 max)

I already give her grandma money for her college fund. Her birthday is a couple of days before Christmas. I don't want her to feel left out of the birthday party so I need something to give her for that too.

Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA

Look for handicrafts made by your local senior citizens! They have their wares for sale at craft faires, etc. and are usually not expensive- look for rag dolls, and so on...or wooden blocks...

Dollar stores have cute things for little girls like hair doodads, socks, etc....Also grab bags which kids seem to love. I was born a few days before Christmas so I know all about "it's too close to Christmas" syndrome. Believe me, someday she will appreciate your kindness, you're a very thoughtful grandma!

It's true that everything in Dollar stores are cheap. The point is we now want to buy toys (and other things) Made in USA. You would have to check the packaging very carefully. Many churches have "fairs" in December and members often donate handmade things for sale. Good l;uck.

The best toys use the kids' imaginations. The awesomest toy I ever had growing up was a gunny sack full of blocks. They were just odd sized scraps and chunks, and they had been taken to a belt sander by a family friend to polish them a little. The three of us played with those until we were like fifteen or something. Loved them!! You could also look on eBay's vintage toy department for ideas.

Here's a list for you to check out. I believe all of

Melissa and Doug's products are safe and made in

the US. I've found some of their puzzles for

about $5. You can search for Melissa and Doug

if you'd like to see more of their toys.

You might consider clothing too, or a purse, or

even a little camera. They have some little digital

ones at Walmart (online) clearance for less than $10.

Hope you find what you're looking for!

Buy American,2933,292056,00.html

Toys Made In America

US Made Toys

Fat Brain Toys made in America

Lead-Free USA made toys ... /10-lead-free-toys-made-in-usa/5291/

*list of more toy sites here too

American Made

I ordered several things from

Painted rocks book

Solar powered car book

I like it where kids can actually do or make something.

Granny, my husbands B-day falls on Christmas Day & my middle childs is on Dec. 23, so I know how you feel that your granddaughter may feel left out. Usually, we did something for the both of them on the 23rd & I'm sure my son felt shorted because it was so close to Christmas that he didn't get as good of gifts as the other kids did on their B-days. Some of the things I tried were individual cakes, very elaborate decorations, lots of fun things to do--like pajama parties--& extra, extra attention. Still though, I felt the party was lacking. As for gifts, as the mother of 5, 4 year old girls like dress-up. I gave my daughter & then my granddaughters their own 'grown-up' purses (small for their size but they looked 'grown-up' & filled them with inexpensive lipgloss in the fancier bottles, a face powder compact with a mirror, a small bottle of perfume, hair doo-dads, their own little purse-sized brushes, & a 'little black book' & pen for telephone numbers. Believe it or not, my daughter, now 32, still remembers her purse & the fun she had with it!

Take a look at this great site for toys made in the U.S.A.

Toys on White Background
Saving Money on Toys
Holidays and Parties Gifts InexpensiveOctober 15, 2007
Cat playing With Elastic Cat Toy
Dangers of Elastic Cat Toys
Dog Pulling on Rope and Tennis Ball Toy
Homemade Dog Toys
Toddler with ball.
Inexpensive Toddler Toys
kitten playing
Homemade Cat Toys