Koda (German Shepherd)

This is my beloved pet, Koda. He is a two year old, male German Shepherd born in Hawaii. I adopted him from a rescue when he was little over a year old. If you want to have a well behaved, obedient and loving pet like mine, consistent training is the only way to do it.

Don't forget to have play time as well to reward him for being a good boy! If you want your pet to have a good looking coat like Koda's, you need to provide a healthy diet along with good grooming. Koda loves to be brushed or combed and this helps to keep his coat shiny and cuts down on shedding. Don't forget dental hygiene! Koda likes to have his teeth brushed and he loves to chew on real bones.

Koda (German Shepherd)

By Sandra from Orlando, Florida

Absolutely gorgeous dog!! It's great that he has a wonderful family to love and care for him!

Koda is very handsome. He looks just great healthy and pretty. I also happen to think that when you

adopt a dog as a rescue they want to be so good for you. One of my dogs is a rescue and is a doll the

other one well we love him anyway!!! (he's spolied-our falult)German Shepards are such great dogs.

Good for you for adopting a rescue & providing such a good home. He looks very clean.

thank you for your compliments, I appreciate it.

I have owned several dogs but Koda is by far the best. I talk to him like he's a person and maybe it's my imagination but he seems to understand. All my life I wanted a German Shepherd but never could afford one from a breeder then one day I was just looking around on the internet and found a GSD rescue in my area. My husband and I weren't happy when we met the owner and saw the conditions of the kennels but Koda had only been with him for a short while so after 'visiting' with Koda for a little while and found that he was people friendly, we adopted him. It took me ten emails to the owner's wife to get the records on Koda and later I found out why. According to a K9 law enforcement training facility I contacted, they told me that the rescue owners were non-complient with them also and didn't want to turn over records for the dogs. The facility had purchased several GSD from her to train for law enforcement and needed to know the history of each dog if there were any but she didn't want to tell them. She has since been reported to authorities for suspicious business practices.

All I can say is, I'm so happy we rescued Koda from that place and I wished I had adopted the female shepherd that was in the kennel with him.

There are good rescues and bad. We got lucky.

Beautiful boy.

Gorgeous dog you have there.

if u intrested in german shepherd let me know i live in london

I am glad you are happy with your purchase from sixthdayranch, however my opinion about them is the total opposite, they are pure backyard breeders, the reason they had one when you wanted one is because that is what they are, backyard breeders! they do this for a living, that is your indication right there, they need to make a buck and it is sad that they overbreed their dogs, I rather wait in a reputable breeder's list, even if it is a long wait, than to support a breeder like this one.

Did you get OFA Certification papers from the parents? How about eyes and heart? did you actually receive documentation? or did you believe whatever they said they did? A friend of mine had a terrible experience with them, and they were awfully rude and basically taught their kids that stealing from people is a good thing. Those poor children don't even go to school, they clean poops all day,so if their kids don't even socialize, their dogs must be in kennels all day, however they display pictures and pictures of this so called "socialization"

She told my friend that she breeds her female dogs on their first heat so they will be more fertile and produce more dogs in all their subsequent litters! she has also had several "inbreeding" accidents which is disgusting and it shows how poorly it is run, to them it is a business, and they want to display it as a loving way of life! they even include GOD in their website, I am terrified that people this evil can do this.

Reputable breeders only breed a few litters a year, breed every other heat cycle(not every heat cycle like this breeder) because reputable breeders care about their dogs, they also test for problems so they don't breed dog with problems and they WELCOME you to go to their house/kennels, this sixthdayranch does not welcome people, probably because of the condition of their dogs. I urge everyone to really check the breeder before they jump in a life time problem. I hate backyard breeders.

German Shepherd
German Shepherd - Breed Information and Photos
Photos Pets DogsJanuary 12, 2006
Shepherd's Pie Recipes, A classic mash potato topped shepaherd's pie.
Shepherd's Pie Recipes
Caesar (Siberian Husky and German Shepherd Mix)
Siberian Husky - German Shepherd Mix Info and Photos
German Shepherd Mix
German Shepherd Mix Breed Information and Photos
Skinny German Shepherd Laying Down
Skinny German Shepherd