Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Pastor Appreciation Ideas

How can I use Fruit of Spirit or 12 days of Christmas at a pastor appreciation service?

By Janie from Abingdon, VA

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By ctor5110/12/2013

Please remember that not all pastors are "him". Most of these suggestions are geared toward male pastors. Ours is a lovely lady.
Thank you.

By eshanhol09/15/2013

Our theme was Thanks for Helping Us Grow. I bought foam flower shapes from a dollar store and glued a face photo of church congregation members on each. Then glued and taped shish kabob sticks to the back of each flower. Displayed them in vases.

Another theme was Feed the Sheep. I found a clip art body of a sheep and printed one for each congregation member. Then glued the face photos on each sheep. These were displayed on poster boards - one for women, one for men and one for children, with each person's name written on their sheep body. We always have a home cooked dinner and give gifts - usually money although we have a small church, so it's not a lot.

By Lelia Jo Cordell [49]08/27/2010

I believe, besides a monetary blessing, creating a presentation centered around how Pastor and First Lady embody the fruit of the Spirit would bless their hearts. For example, how they embody love.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Pastor Appreciation Ideas

I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas on what our church could do for Pastor appreciation. We always just do a little get together in our fellowship hall with sandwiches,chips and then cake. But this year I wanted do something different. I thought you all might have some good ideas to share with me. Thanks a lot, I appreciate any ideas you share with me.

Teresa from VA

RE: Pastor Appreciation Ideas

Ask him what kind of tree he likes. Go buy him one and on that day all go plant it on the church grounds. Every one will always remember this. (09/02/2006)

By Autumn

RE: Pastor Appreciation Ideas

We had a "Pounding Party" for our Pastor. Everyone brought "a pound" of some food and stocked his pantry with all kinds of goodies he probably would not have been able to buy for himself. (09/05/2006)

By Ginger

RE: Pastor Appreciation Ideas

Like any employee, and the Pastor is your employee, don't forget, they can always appreciate money the most. A check will do, but so will a donation to his discretionary fund. (09/05/2006)

By the Oracle

RE: Pastor Appreciation Ideas

I am a pastor's wife and our people have been very generous. Here in this church, they put out 3 baskets with the names of the 3 pastors and the people give us cards with very generous monetary gifts in them.

In a previous church, on our 25th anniversary, they gave us a cruise to the Bahamas and Disney World.

Be creative in what you do for Pastor Appreciation Day. Your pastor will be blessed with your generous creativity. Be as generous as you can. (09/05/2006)

By quickcooker

RE: Pastor Appreciation Ideas

We gave our pastor a money tree last year. (09/05/2006)

By Dawn

RE: Pastor Appreciation Ideas

Why not give him a book (well, a nicely decorated scrap book or theme book) and have his parishioners fill in one or two lines of 'You are a Blessing because...' or something like that. Keep it short, light, and sweet. Let him know that he is special in your lives and he is appreciated. (09/05/2006)

By KLS8800

RE: Pastor Appreciation Ideas

I think cards and letters are the nicest way to feel appreciated. Imagine how your pastor would feel if EVERY family wrote a note (09/06/2006)

By Diana

RE: Pastor Appreciation Ideas

Our church gives our pastor a gift card to a local favorite place to eat and to a Christian bookstore. They take up a special offering to collect the money for these gifts. I'm sure it doesn't amount to much, but it's the thought that counts! (09/06/2006)

By mobo

RE: Pastor Appreciation Ideas

The gifts are all good ideas. However, one thing we do every other year or so is that we plan a service around the pastor, i.e., we let him sit and enjoy a service of singing, prayer. a small lesson from someone else in the church, and some little sayings from the children about "our Pastor". Our church is very small, so that might not work as well at your church. (09/06/2006)

By Donna, NC

RE: Pastor Appreciation Ideas

One year our church put on a Pastor Appreciation dinner. We decoarted everything, everyone was dressed up and we served Pastor and his family. Then each family got up and said what Pastor has and does mean to them. This year we are making meals for Pastor and family and also purchasing a stainless steel BBQ wih tools for them (his old one is falling apart). (09/07/2006)

By Ruth Wiebe

RE: Pastor Appreciation Ideas

My husband and I are putting together our Pastor's appreciation this year and are planning to have Bar-B-Que and all the fixins along with a "Hee Haw" type program using the names of some of our members in corney one liner jokes. We go to a very small neighborhood church but I think this would work for any size congregation. Lots of fun for everyone. (09/09/2006)

By Brenda

RE: Pastor Appreciation Ideas

A Couple of years ago We had each family buy a cross and sing the back of it and decorated his office walls It really went over GREAT. Another year we had every Family embrodery ther Name on a square and made them a Quilt. (09/11/2006)

By LaCora

RE: Pastor Appreciation Ideas

As the leader of the Youth Ministry, I got the teens together and spent the month doing various acts of kindness (i.e. showed up at his home to wash his cars, house windows, babysit one night, etc.). We also had a Sunday evening dinner for all the pastors in our small community. Also, we took the letters of his name and formed an acronym using affirmative words for each letter of his name - then made a poster of it and left it in his office! Another time we gave a "gift shower" for the whole month and I left a different card on his desk each day of the month (the cards were made by different families in the church). All these ideas seemed very successful for all! (09/17/2006)

By Louise Jagessar

RE: Pastor Appreciation Ideas

Our youth group is going to take 2 mason jars and decorate them. One for our pastor and one for his wife (who is always overlooked!) Then the children are going to write a daily encouragement, prayer, or verse on a small piece of paper. The paper will be folded up and placed in the jar. We will write enough to last them a month or two. Then each and every day they will be reminded just how much our youth appreciates them! I thought this would be a daily reminder of our appreciation for the two of them. (10/04/2006)

By cjboot

RE: Pastor Appreciation Ideas

As the youth minister we try to do something every year for our senior pastor and his wife in the spirit of fun and servanthood. The first year we sent them on a trip around the world (not literally) but we made fake passports and buckled them into the plane (two desk chairs) and flew them around the world (careful, tip easy, but lots of fun) with pictures out their window of all the wonderful scenes. They like italian food so we landed in italy, had a chef make chicken parmasan, the teens were their waiters and entertainers....silly, fun with a great meal and lots of laughter. the second year we sent them on their own amazing race...and left them clues all over town to their final destination...a bed and breakfast about 60 miles away....we paid for their room and their dinner...we had as much fun putting this together as they had doing it! (10/11/2006)

By Danette

RE: Pastor Appreciation Ideas

Have the pastor sit in the middle of the room or in the front with a lite candle. Everyone who has been touched by his service can go and lite their candle. They can tell him how much they appreciate him personally. It is so symbolic on so many levels. It works better when all the lights in the room are off and eventually the whole room is light by candles because of one candle. (10/14/2006)

By Friend

Archive: Pastor Appreciation Ideas

I know this is a little early for this question but I want to get a jump on it and know ahead of time. I was wondering if you all had some good ideas on what to do for a pastor and his wife for Pastor Appreciation which is in October?