Gift Ideas for a Step Dad

Stepdads play an important role in the family, sometimes they are the only father children know. Choosing the right gift is important to show your love and appreciation for all he does. This is a guide about gift ideas for a step dad.

I want to get my step dad a really good present. I don't know him really well yet. He hunts and also does a lot of landscaping. He works very hard and is usually very busy. When I ask him what he would like, he says "Oh maybe some tools.", but tools don't seem sentimental enough. Does anybody have any ideas?

By Grace

Answers

Buy a cheap grapevine wreath and decorate it with various types of small tools. If he is a gardner you could use add seed packs, gloves, hand spade, etc. You could also attach a masculine type of bow to it and attach a card saying, "This gift was created by (your name) for a very special step Dad.

Use your imagination. The bonus is he will probably remove the gifts and give the wreath back for refills next year!

Syd
Dunkirk, MD

Grace,
Sentimental or not, tools are probably the best gift you could give him. Guys just like tools!! Why not get a container, like a tool box or or 5 gallon bucket and fill it with a variety of things from all the categories you mentioned, landsape stuff, hunting stuff, household stuff..

the list is endless! Even if you don't it makes a good gift, I'm sure he will. Good luck, B. Brudon bern511@webtv.net

Anonymous

If you are crafty you could make a wooden plaque like I did for my hunting/fishing husband.

Either buy a finished piece of wood or, if you like woodworking, you could saw, sand, and router a piece of scrap wood. The finished product can be whatever size you like--including a rectangle shape, half-moon, whatever!

For the sign I made my husband, it said _____'s Hall of Game. I'm not very artistic, but I was able to simulate a 1-dimensional fish with acrylic paints. Just for fun, I penciled in a comment from the fish, saying "Help me!"

For another such sign, I used tree, cabin, and other outdoorsy rub-offs. I bought wooden letters and painted them. The finished product was painted in the earthy tones of tan, hunter green and brown and said "Larry's Archery Shop."

Don't forget to nail in a hanger on the back.

Gifts like this are nice because you took the time to take his hobbies into consideration. I worry about getting the "wrong" tools or equipment.

By Becca (Guest Post)

why dont you try sometjing to do with hunting or with landscaping like pens, pencils, paper any thing like that