How to Make a Love U Dad Card
A homemade card for special occasions such as Father's Day or a birthday can be a gift in its own right. This one is especially good for a dad that enjoys sports. This is a guide about how to make a "Love U Dad" card.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Is your dad a sports fan? Then this card is ideal to show him how much you love him on Father's Day! The card is easy enough for an older child to make on his/her own, and a younger child can make it with some assistance from Mom.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: one card
- Score the caramel colored cardstock to create a card sized 6" x 4.1".
- With the fold at the left, centre and glue the sand colored cardstock to the front of the card.
- Use the pencil to write a message on the piece cut from the scratch art paper board. Use the bamboo skewer to scratch over the pencil lines and to add detail to the letters, and glue it to the top of the card.
- Cut out the football, the baseball and the basketball from the pattern sheet.
- Glue the football to the front of the card.
- Use the 3D self-adhesive foam squares to affix the basketball to the front of the card.
- Apply glue to half of the back of the baseball, and use 3D self-adhesive foam squares on the other half, and affix the baseball to the card.