Making a Necktie Father's Day Card
Homemade cards can often be a gift in themselves. This is a page about making a necktie Father's Day card
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Step by step instructions on how to easily make a cute card for Father's Day, using simple household stationery.
Approximate Time: less than 1 hour
- red, yellow, and white scraps of paper
- scale (ruler)
- thin paint-brush
- white paint
Making the card:
- First fold the red paper in half (use a rectangular paper for this) and draw the outline as given in the picture.
- Cut according to the outline.
- Take a smaller piece of paper of same color, its width a little more than the top of the card, fold it in half and cut its edges round.
- Unfold the smaller piece and paste it on top of the card.
- Punch some holes in the white sheet and glue the round shapes on the card.
- Paint your message on the top, with the white paint, using the paintbrush (tip: if you find difficulty in using paint brush, you can use sketch pens or whatever medium seems convenient).
- The card is now ready! Write a special message inside.
Making the envelope:
- Cut the yellow scrap of paper a little longer and wider than the size of your card.
- Place the card on the base of the paper and fold the paper according to the length of the card (take care to leave enough space on top for folding the flap). Then keeping the card at the center of the paper and using a scale, draw two parallel lines on both sides of the card.
- Cut the front and the top flap according to the lines, fold, and paste the sides as shown.
By Gunja from West Bengal, India
June 8, 20110 found this helpful
Such a cute card!
June 15, 20110 found this helpful
Thank you Maricel. :)