Repairing Cracks in Fine China

Repair fine cracks in china plates and cups by boiling them in milk. The milk reacts with the kaolin in china and closes the crack.

Place the plate in a pan, cover it with milk (fresh or reconstituted powered milk) bring milk a boil, cover and let simmer for about 45 minutes.

I have not tried this myself because I do not have any fine china but if anyone else is interested and would like to try it let me know if it works.

I do have an old porcelain tea pot that has some fine cracks in it and plan to try it on this. The tea pot is very large and will require a large pot and a lot of milk for me to do this, not to mention the tea pot is about 45 years old, so wish me luck.

Source: This tip came from my AT&T home page listed under ordinary object, super uses: by Aishia Sultan.

I read this tip on ThriftyFun a long time ago. I tried it on a Mikasa stoneware mug and it DOES work!

Antique tea cup and saucer.
Repairing Cracks in Fine China
Home and Garden Repair Other DishesFebruary 12, 2009
Antique China Cups and Saucers
Uses for Antique China
China tea cup and saucer with floral pattern.
Cleaning Fine China Dishes
China Cup and Saucer
Appraising China
China tea cups
Selling Fine China
🎄
🍂