Repair For Cracked Dish

Very good tip for a cracked dish. If a cracked dish is heated for 45 minutes in sweet milk, the crack will be so welded together that it will hardly be visible, and will be strong it will stand the same usage as before.

By Jan E from Suring, WI

What is sweet milk?

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 174 Feedbacks

Sweet milk is milk before the butter fat is removed, leaving buttermilk, which is not sweet.

By memere (Guest Post)

I, too, want to know what is sweet milk. The definition above only really says it's not buttermilk. If I were to go to the stroe, just exactly what would I be buying......? is it fresh or canned? Thanks.

Editor's Note: Sweet milk is simply fresh milk.

By Janene Winkhart (Guest Post)

i HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT THIS; hAVE done this before and it does work. Sweet milk is whole milk. JAN

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 407 Feedbacks

I know it's ten months later, but I remembered this in my bookmarks and just recently needed to try it. I can't believe it actually worked and just wanted to thank you!

I tried this with a very expensive teapot and ended up with the worst outcome. Not only was my kitchen destroyed by boiling that volume of milk but my teapot now has more cracks and leaks more. Please don't try it with a teapot.

Sara

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 267 Posts

Thanks for telling us about your experience. I'm so sorry to hear that it didn't work. I did a little research and many people don't recommend boiling the milk. Keeping it at a simmer allows the casein to develop and fill in the crack. That would be safer.

Home and Garden Repair Other DishesFebruary 5, 2007
🎄
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf19380440.tip.html