I like this because it is somewhat healthier than if you use pasta and very good.
- 1 medium eggplant or several oriental eggplants (they are smaller) peeled.
- 1- (1lb 10oz) jar of spaghetti sauce (I used garden Ragu)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, optional
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese (or however much you have on hand)
- 2 cups low fat mozzarella cheese (or whatever kind you have on hand)
- 1 egg
- 9x13 inch Pyrex baking dish
Spray bottom of casserole with cooking spray. Add a little spaghetti sauce to it.
Lay sliced eggplant in the dish. Brown ground beef and onion together. Drain ground beef.
Mix some of the spaghetti sauce in with hamburger and use 1/2 on top of eggplant. Mix cottage cheese and egg together and put 1/2 on top of ground beef mixture. Add 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and then repeat with another layer. Bake at 350 degrees F.
|Time:||15 Minutes Preparation Time|
40 Minutes Cooking Time
Source: From a friend
By Laniegirl from Iowa
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 23, 2017 at 1:49:37 PM on 10.0.2.237 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us