Crockpot Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe
Use your crockpot to conveniently make delicious vegetarian lasagna for dinner. This page contains a crockpot vegetarian lasagna recipe.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This crockpot vegetarian lasagna recipe was super tasty and by far the easiest lasagna recipe I have ever made.
Total Time: 20 minutes prep, 5 hours in crockpot
Yield: 6 servings
Source: Hunt's Tomato Sauce
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 (8 oz) pkg fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 (6 oz) pkg baby spinach leaves
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Hunt's Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, undrained
- 2 cups Hunt's Tomato Sauce (I used the whole 14.5 oz can)
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 (8 oz) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 dry lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1-1/2 cup shredded Italian blend cheese, divided
- Spray inside of 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. (I didn't watch the clock or pan very well here... I have kids)
- Add spinach; cook 3 minutes more or until mushrooms are tender and spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and salt (LOL! Please tell me the rest of you do this too! I threw a couple ladles of sauce in the crockpot unheated and carried on with the recipe). Bring sauce to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and pepper in small bowl; set aside.
- Spread 3/4 cup sauce mixture over bottom of slow cooker. Layer 3 lasagna noodles over sauce mixture, breaking noodles to fit.
- Top with 3/4 cup sauce mixture, ricotta cheese mixture and 1 cup Italian cheese. Top with 3/4 cup sauce mixture and remaining 3 lasagna noodles, breaking to fit. Spoon remaining sauce mixture over noodles.
- Cover; cook on LOW 5 hours or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Italian cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese Cover; let stand 5 minutes or until cheese melts. (I had to leave a couple of hours before dinner and decided it was easier to throw the cheeses on then, take the picture, and let it cook for a couple hours instead of writing my husband a note. He and the kids ate while I was gone, then left the leftovers on low in the crockpot for a couple hours until I got home to eat and take the final pictures. As you can see it worked out fine and I enjoyed a nice warm dinner too).
May 11, 20160 found this helpful
This easy lasagna is sure to be a weeknight crowd pleaser. Set up the slow cooker in the morning and dinner will be ready for your hungry family that evening. Learn how to make it in this short video.
In These Guides