Crockpot Lasagna Recipes

Category Crockpot
Crockpot Lasagna
Although lasagna is traditionally cooked in the oven, you can use your slowcooker instead. This page contains crockpot lasagna recipes.

This recipe is so easy and delicious. You don't have to boil the noodles. It makes a lot, and leftovers freeze very well. Someone in my cooking group made it, and we all fell in love with it. I have made it several times since then. The original recipe calls for sausage, but I used ground beef instead with excellent results.

Total Time: 1/2 hour prep and 4 - 4 1/2 hours cooking time

Yield: 8 servings

Source: www.bettycrocker.com

• 1 lb bulk Italian sausage ( I used ground beef)
  • 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
  • 3 cans (15 ounces each) Italian-style tomato sauce ( I used jarred spaghetti sauce)
  • 2 tsp dried basil leaves
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
  • 1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 15 uncooked lasagna noodles

1. Cook ground beef and onion in a pan over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the meat is no longer pink. Drain off the fat with a spoon or turkey baster. Stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.
  2. Mix 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and all the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses well.
  3. Spoon one-fourth of the ground beef mixture into 6-quart slow cooker; break 5 noodles to fit and put them on top. Then put half the cheese mixture and one fourth of the ground beef mixture. Break another 5 noodles to fit. Put the rest of the cheese mixture and one quarter of the ground beef mixture. Break the final 5 noodles to fit and top with the remaining ground beef mixture.
  4. Cover and cook on Low heat about 4 1/2 hours, or until the noodles are tender.
  5. Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve.
  6. Ad

I made it up out of desperation for my mom to eat healthier. It's low-fat but you would never think it.

Directions:

Using a cooking spray, spray your crock pot well (you will be glad you did this). Brown the meat and drain, then run hot water to drain even more of the fat content out. Chop onion, green bell pepper, and mushrooms.

In the crock pot lay a layer of noodles (no need to precook), then layers of meat, cheese, cream cheese, sauce, and veggies until you fill crock pot up.

Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 1 hour.

Servings: 4
Time:30 Minutes Preparation Time
1 Hours Cooking Time

By Karen from Chester, SC

This is great first, because of the Alfredo sauce, secondly, using a crockpot, you can plug it in and go do something else.

Directions:

Brown hamburger in skillet and drain. Spray crock pot with cooking spray. Spread 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce in bottom of crock pot. Stir in remaining spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce into ground beef. Layer 3 lasagna noodles over the sauce, break noodles if necessary. Top with 1/3 of the Alfredo sauce, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese. Top with 1/3 of ground beef mixture, spreading evenly. Repeat layering twice, using 2 noodles in the last layer. Sprinkle Parmesan on top

Servings: 8
Time:15 Minutes Preparation Time
3 to 4 Hours Cooking Time

Source: I really don't remember, I have no notes where I got this recipe.

By Elaine from Iowa

• 24 oz. cottage cheese
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 can evaporated milk
  • 2 cups cooked, cubed ham
  • 1 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed slightly
  • 7-9 uncooked lasagna noodles
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Combine all ingredients, except noodles, in a large bowl. Pour half the mixture into a crock pot. Place the uncooked noodles over top of mixture, then pour the other half of mixture over top. Push noodles into mixture to be submerged, if necessary.

Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.

You can add shredded cheese to melt on top if desired.

By LisaE2 from WI

This page contains a crockpot vegetarian lasagna recipe. Use your crockpot to conveniently make delicious vegetarian lasagna for dinner.

Crockpot Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I am looking for a recipe called crockpot lasagna. I believe it was posted once. Unfortunately, I am unable to find the recipe I had saved.

Ncgirlnga from Norcross, GA

Answers:

Slow Cooker Lasagna

• 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 2 tsp. minced garlic
  • 1 (28 oz.) can tomato sauce
  • 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. dried oregano
  • 1 (12 oz.) package lasagna noodles
  • 1 (12 oz.) container cottage cheese
  • <1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    <li>16 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese

In a large skillet over medium heat cook the ground beef, onion and garlic until brown. Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and oregano and stir until well incorporated. Cook until heated through. In a large bowl mix together the cottage cheese, grated Parmesan cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese. Spoon a layer of the meat mixture onto the bottom of the slow cooker. Add a double layer of the uncooked lasagna noodles. Break to fit noodles into slow cooker. Top noodles with a portion of the cheese mixture. Repeat the layering of sauce, noodles and cheese until all the ingredients are used. Cover and cook on low heat in slow cooker for 6 to 8 hours. Makes 10 serving
    (03/02/2007)

By micksgirl

Crockpot Lasagna

Yum, sounds good. (03/15/2007)

By jeaninsc

Crockpot Lasagna

• 2 lb. ground beef
    • 1 medium onion chopped
    • large jar Prego (3 lb) (or whatever you prefer)
    • 8 oz. tomato sauce
    • approx 1/3 Prego jar of water
    • 1 tsp. sugar
    • Garlic Powder, Pepper, Salt to taste
    • large tub Cottage Cheese (small or large curd, doesn't matter)
    • large pack (16 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
    • box lasagna noodles, uncooked

Brown ground beef with chopped onions. Season with season salt, pepper, garlic powder (can use fresh garlic if you prefer) to taste. Drain fat. Add jar sauce, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, approx 1/3 jar water and sugar (I also add Italian seasoning). Simmer approx 10 minutes.

While beef mix is simmering, combine large tub cottage cheese and mozzarella. (I sometimes throw in some parsley to make it look pretty!) Put enough of the sauce on bottom of crockpot to cover. Layer noodles (I usually break them in half so they fit better!). Approx 3-1/2 noodles per layer. Doesn't matter which direction you lay them! On top of noodles, layer ground beef, sauce mixture then cheeses. Repeat layers to fill crock pot. Make sure you leave enough sauce to put on last layer of noodles. Then top with last of cheese mixture.

Cook approx 6 hours on low. If you like you can add cheese on top last half hour of cooking. Do not stir! Serve with Parmesan cheese, salad and garlic bread. (03/27/2007)

By Janienie