Canned Fruit Smoothie

We love smoothies, but fresh fruit costs too much in the wintertime. Other than a case of oranges, we buy very little. In the summer we can rely on the garden. Coincidentally, I have put up plenty of jars of fruit that have been just sitting on the shelf. It finally dawned on me that there was a connection. This is the recipe I use now:

Ingredients

• 1 quart of home-canned fruit
  • 1 pint of plain (homemade) yogurt
  • 1 cup to 2 cups crushed pineapple
  • honey to taste

Directions

Put everything in the blender and liquefy it. If you like a thicker smoothie, drain the syrup off the fruit before putting it in the blender. If you leave it in, you don't need as much honey.

Makes 6 cups. Serve cold. If you put the jar of fruit in the refrigerator for a couple of hours first, your smoothie will already be chilled.

By Coreen from Rupert, ID

You can up the nutrition by adding spinach to the smoothie--it will be green but you won't taste it because of all the fruit. Even my picky pants son will drink a green smoothie!

I have been doing this all winter long, except I use canned fruit, that I buy from the store (I have never canned food).I really don't know how. Weezy.

Colorful Fruit Smoothies
Fruit Smoothie Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Beverages SmoothieMarch 11, 2009
Chocolate Banana Smoothie
Chocolate Banana Smoothie Recipes
smoothie in glass
Pineapple Orange Banana Smoothie Recipes
Banana Berry Smoothie
Banana Berry Smoothie Recipes
cherry cobbler
Fruit Cobbler Recipes
🎉
🎄